Thread Graveyard > Weigh in--week of January 26, 2009

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
177.6, up from 175 last week.
I refuse to believe that. :) hee hee hee

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony It's muscle! Muscle, I tell you!

:)

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Actually, it might be!!! Hey, thanks for the cheer-up!

(Do you really think I could've added that much muscle in a week? hee hee hee)

message 4: by Trudy (last edited Jan 26, 2009 10:40AM) (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) I am struggling with hubby here... His bad habits are becoming my bad habits, but I think we have officially nipped that in the bud! He recognized I wasn't doing great with him home and started looking at my WW stuff, so this week he is measuring and counting like I do... The part that sucks - he gets 8 points just for being a guy... I wanted to smack him!!! and it wasn't even his fault... lol... So, no weigh in last weekend, I will do it this weekend after we both have a good week and I get rid of my PMS!!!

Not to mention that I might be building a little muscle with all the bike and walking stuff... just too hard to tell what it is from since I feel like I was "bad" last week.

Of course, I am not sure if I was really bad or if I felt bad by association... his eating made me feel guilty - lol... regardless, the scale was not kind when I peeked mid week, thus the consolidated band wagon... he's all gung ho now too - its kinda cute...

mary elizabeth  Williams hi all, i am down 2 pounds! YEAH! I am just shy of where I was mid-december before holiday buffets and booze.

remember everyone, your weight can fluctuate rapidly through the day and week depending on your "bm" and if you peed, and any other of unknown, mysterious factors. instead of crediting it to gaining muscle, just look at the big picture of loss. i know its hard, i struggle with it myself majorly!!

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Great to hear, Beth!

I'm doing fine...back to about thirty-two down from Memorial Day. I swear, the scale is becoming less of an issue, although I still check...I'm mixing it up with running, elliptical, basketball, weights, etc...ok for now...although I could probably eat a little better...

Trudy, didn't I just read about a book about women trying to lose weight when their husbands aren't?

message 7: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
I weighed in this evening and stayed the same. I think I'll take it. There were a couple of days I ate everything that wasn't nailed down! HA. So went to the store stocked up on carrots, apples, celery, low cal bread, next is cleaning off the treadmill!!! My husband is finally ready and wants to start too! So 1/2 the battle is won. At WW we talked about setting small goals,,,.......

message 8: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) I stayed the same. So still at 172. I am so cool with that. I had some difficult issues this past week. Thankfully, I didn't pull the wagon down the hill with me.

Amanda- It probably is muscle if you're working out in new ways.

Trudy- You'll get 'em next week!

Beth-Congrats on your loss!

Randomanthony- I'm with you about the scale. I'm more concerned with staying active and doing something everyday. What book are you referring to?

Deb- Clean off that treadmill and put it in front of tv! Pop in one of your fav. movies and walk until you can!! What a way to spend an evening!

message 9: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Hmmm RA, I don't know if I saw that book... but he's now decided he can't do WW's but he's still gung ho on eating better and getting into basketball shape for a couple of jobs he has coming up... Thank goodness for small favors...

I actually looked at the scale the other day and I think the blip last week was an episode of insanity because it looked ok again... (I know it does fluctuate, but I had a couple of days where it was off and I do weigh at the same time every day when I look more than once/week.)

I am on the "not obsessing over the scale" bandwagon since I have had to get rid of 3 more pairs of pants in the last week and have a couple shirts on the critical list, but I still am too far off my goal (65-70 more lbs to go) to give up on the scale altogether.

message 10: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) I love it... the Not Obsessing Over the Scale Bandwagon...I wonder if Random knows what he started!!!! lol!

message 11: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Heh. I still check the scale, mind you, but like Trudy with weightlifting, etc. and my clothes fitting ok, everything I've read says I shouldn't worry too much on the scale. Yet. Maybe in the spring:) But I was losing weight like crazy until I started lifting a lot, so a cause/effect relationship does seem present.

message 12: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Hmmm, I wonder if that could be why I'm not loosing quickly. I weight lift 3 days a week and I've been increasing more of the weight I lift....

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Weights frighten me. I don't wanna look like a body builder! (As if that could ever happen. I'm nuts.)

message 14: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Petu - when you build muscle, you will not necessarily lose weight, but you should lose inches. You just need to change how you measure success when you lift.

As far as looking like a body builder... I have to be extra careful... I am Six Feet tall and have a large frame to start with so I am avoiding all weights right now like the plague. At some point, I will start to do yoga to stretch the muscles out and maybe some weight bands for toning, but I do not want to build up anything for sure.

message 15: by GraceAnne (new)

GraceAnne Tremain | 14 comments I was down 1.22% since the previous week. This is 3.75% overall.