Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Ill. Governor Says He Considered Oprah for Senate Seat...

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jan 26, 2009 06:54AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28843378/...

Would she give free stuff to all the other senators? Would she talk about her weight issues on the senate floor?

He's crossed over to bonkers in so many ways...

message 2: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Blajerkovich is stupefyingly arrogant. Did you see the interview he did on the Today show comparing his legal struggles to that of Dr. Martin Luther King?

He's a piece of work, let me tell you.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments He's from my old neighborhood...he was an asshole even when he was a local politician. I try not to take too much pleasure in the downfall of others, but that bastard deserves to go down...

shellyindallas Oh.Your.God. Unbelievable.

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
I hate his little boy hairdo.

message 6: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Oh.Your.God.

Shelly, that's awesome! I'm so stealing it!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

He also compared himself to Mandela. I heard it on NPR this morning and I snorted my coffee.

message 8: by Cyril (new)

Cyril How did he get this far if everyone knew he was a creep?

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (b_price) | 3 comments And Gandhi--he compared himself to Gandhi in at least one of his "appearances" yesterday. I also saw a clip on MSNBC yesterday of Blago on "The View" (my feelings about the dreaded "View" could take up another thread), where one of them was egging him on to do his Nixon impression. He was like "huh?" and she goes, "You know, say it. 'I am not a crook!' " And he doesn't even seem to get that he's being made fun of. I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote a book next and we can all discuss it here!

message 10: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Welcome to TC, Barbara!!

Heh...The View...

message 11: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) All I ask is that when Blajerkovich finally gets his ass tossed in the pokey, that he bequeath his luxurious hair to me. That man's got some lovely hair!

Hey, Barbara's here! Hi, Barb!

message 12: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 1037 comments "Governor Says He Considered Oprah for Senate Seat"

That statement is enough for me to have voted for impeachment.

In all seriousness though, I have read he made so many enemies with his attitude that now he has few defenders. If he was a nicer person he may have gotten away with it.

I once read that President Nixon was about to be impeached because he was so aloof form the Senate that few Senators liked him.

message 13: by Jessica (last edited Jan 27, 2009 08:55AM) (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) Arminius wrote: ""Governor Says He Considered Oprah for Senate Seat"

That statement is enough for me to have voted for impeachment.

ha!
(agree with the rest too..)

message 14: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (b_price) | 3 comments Gus wrote: "All I ask is that when Blajerkovich finally gets his ass tossed in the pokey, that he bequeath his luxurious hair to me. That man's got some lovely hair!

Hey, Barbara's here! Hi, Barb!"

Hi, Gus!!!!

message 15: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (b_price) | 3 comments Randomanthony wrote: "Welcome to TC, Barbara!!

Heh...The View..."

Thanks, Randomanthony! Glad to be here! Thanks to Gus for invitin' me.

message 16: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments RA, have there ever been rumors of his being bipolar? 'Cause he just sounds more and more like he's totally delusional.

message 17: by Sally, la reina (new)

I can't believe he is just "refusing" to go to his own impeachment trial, saying he can't get a fair trial in his own state. I mean that literally.

message 18: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Extreme paranoia, persecution complex. (common symptoms)

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

Mindy, never go away, k?

message 20: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Bipolar, perhaps.

I chalk it up to unchecked arrogance. Blajerkovich comes across as someone who's so insane arrogant, he dares you to prove him otherwise. He damn well knows you know he's done what he's done, but he's arrogant enough to convince himself he's guilty.

message 21: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You know, Mindy, I don't know if anyone ever questioned his mental health before...but then again, he blended in with a lot of the Chicago pols. I can't emphasize this enough...in the context of Chicago politics, he probably honestly believes he did nothing wrong, as horrible as that sounds. Blag, however, took the extra step over the arrogance/crazy line.

message 22: by Meen (last edited Jan 27, 2009 10:24AM) (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments There was this episode on "Law & Order" (I can relate anything that has ever happened to an episode of L&O, btw.) where the grandfather of the kid who did the murder was this huge business tycoon and it turned out that he was bipolar (and so was the kid) and that all those times when the biz pundits were singing his praises for being so daring, for taking such wildly profitable risks, for pusing his agenda through without regard for consequences (except power and profit), he was actually in a manic phase. Crazy is relative, I guess.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.