Gather Yourselves Together discussion

January > Chapter 30 comment

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 58 comments Ever since the Librarian came into the story, I honestly feel like it has become a...history or mythological lesson or something. I'm losing the actual story in all the factoids, I guess. The story seems to stall in these sections, and I've yet to really see why all the detail is important. It more seems like the author just finds the subject matter interesting and wants an excuse to put in as much info as possible. Maybe it will all come together and I'll have a light bulb moment as to the importance of it all.

message 2: by Erich (new)

Erich Franz Linner-Guzmann (ErichFranzLinnerGuzmann) | 81 comments Ha, yeah... I agree with you. I wonder what it has to do with the story? I am kind of thinking it will be one of those light bulb moments later on in the story, like you said. I have to say though, I do find the subject very interesting. This is one of my favorite chapters of the book and read the chapter a couple of time already and if that part become relevant later on in the story, I will probably reread it again... I don't know why I like it so much though? maybe it is the mixing of history and modern day binary coding and showing that things do change as much as we think??? Combining the way we interact in the most modern way possible with the way humans first interacted. It's a fascinating concept and I think the reader just needs to know the history before we can understand the concepts that will be revealed to us. I love the librarian though. I could talk to that guy (robot) forever! So I have to give kudos to the author for an interesting way to give a history lesson!

message 3: by Becca (new)

Becca | 160 comments I am having a hard time fallowing the librarian. I have to keep reading it because I find my mind wondering each time. I am sure I have missed a lot of what he is saying and so hopefully I have got enough of it that when the light bulb moment happens I will understand it.

message 4: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 194 comments Mod
I'm actually starting to love the story now. It is really picking up for me.

I have a hard time seperating chapters and don't want to give anything away, so I'm just going to start a new post.