Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Lady Hawk

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (HeroesFreak) | 254 comments This is a really good movie have you seen it.

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna (lilfox) | 465 comments I love it.

message 3: by Elena (new)

Elena | 20 comments I have! It was partly filmed near where I live and I remember going to see the filming. I was too young to dare approaching Richard Donner though-Shame on me! Matthew Broderick was there too.

message 4: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (HeroesFreak) | 254 comments Yeah thats a pretty good kinda chick flick movie. what did you like about it?

message 5: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) This is a nice fantasy/romance movie that came out in the eighties. I remember watching it several times. Rutger Hauer, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Matthew Broderick are wonderful in their roles. I loved the name Isabeau, too. Can't believe that no celeb has hijacked this name over the decades.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel oh my goodness. i am so sorry to disagree, but i swear this is the worst movie ever made. actually, scratch that....the second worst movie ever made. (the worst being "what a girl wants" - not even colin firth could save that one). my friend told us this was his favorite movie, so we agreed to watch it with him. i laughed the entire time - it is so ridiculous. maybe if i had seen it when it first came out, i would feel differently. but i didn't, so i don't.....

message 7: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) Well, it's not Academy Award material, but I don't think it's the worst movie ever made. IMO that honor goes to Baghead. I thought it was watchable and entertained me for 90 mins.

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna (lilfox) | 465 comments It's a movie for enternainment, not for getting award at Sundance Film Festival.

message 9: by Faith (last edited Jan 27, 2009 09:43AM) (new)

Faith Quick (FaithBQuick) | 81 comments i love this movie! it's one of my all time favorites! i love the blurring of the good and evil....by making the good guy harsh and all in black....and the bad guys at first appear to be so holy and soft spoken and all in white and gold. now a days that is a very common thread but when this movie came out it was one of the first ones i saw that did that.

i love broderick's character! i felt he was such a unique individual. he was so honest. he had no problem running to save his own skin at first but then he really put himself out there towards the end. i love at the end when the mouse and the drunk monk are all crying and holding each other. makes me laugh every time!

message 10: by Kai (new)

Kai (ky02121) | 51 comments I don't care what anyone says, I love this film. I find it very romantic.

message 11: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 135 comments It is romantic and fun and entertaining

message 12: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (renfrew) The Friesian horse was fabulous. Michelle Pfeiffer was luminous. Matthew Broderick was perfectly cast and added much needed comedic relief. The score was...unexpected...for the era in which the movie was set, but it worked. It made my, "I'll buy a copy of the DVD" list.

message 13: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 85 comments Ya know whats funny...this movie has always been one of my mothers all time faves so of course I refused to ever watch it...Saw it the other day and I LOVE it. what a great story...although the acting wasn't up to par with todays standards it was still great And Rutgar Hauer who would have thought he could have so much sex appeal!

message 14: by Chilami (new)

Chilami | 1 comments I simply love this movie. I used to watch it a lot as a child and it was just aired on Tv a few days ago I was so happy ;)

message 15: by Ceci (last edited May 03, 2009 10:45AM) (new)

Ceci (CeciAlbiceleste) | 529 comments I did like Ladyhawke, it's got many memorable, enchanting moments... but the eighties soundtrack is an abomination! Talk about killing the mood...

message 16: by Ninja (new)

Ninja (ninjafanpire) | 58 comments When I was in high school we had a sub that put this movie on. But we didn't have time to finish it! It looked good and I wanted to see the rest. But I finally ended up pretty much forgetting about it. But got the movie from a yard sale and finished it awhile ago.

Great movie and story!

message 17: by M.G. (new)

M.G. Wells (goodreadscommgwells) I agree with Ceci. The music does not go with the film at all. I wish they'd redo the score and release it on DVD.

message 18: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) No Alan Parsons fans here?

The music is dated. Back in the day, i thought the music rocked. Now, i'm thinking why didn't they use classical music and that film would've been ageless.