Speculative Fiction Addicts Anonymous discussion

Books I love.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Harrison (new)

Harrison | 3 comments Mod
I love reading, and hopefully anyone who managed to find this page on this website does too. I will eb the first one to open the discussion/recommendation of Speculative fiction and Fantasy by inviting everyone who reads this to check out my booklist and see what they like, what they love, and what they would like to throttle me for reading. Please recommend things you think that I or others like me would enjoy.

message 2: by Harrison (new)

Don't everyone come at once. Wouldnt want to crash the group page...

message 3: by Harrison (new)

I know that there is no one out there reading this, but I added a few books to this groups booklist that I believe are excellent examples of what speculative fiction is all about. Please check them out, join the group, add your own, or just yell at me for being stupid.

message 4: by Nora (new)

Nora (newnoz) Hi so far the only one i have read is Dragonrider and that was way back. I had been thinking of rereading it. I'm in the midst of Gene Wolfe

message 5: by Nora (new)

Nora (newnoz) continued:
Gene Wolfe's four-volume work The Book of the New Sun, the novels THE SWORD OF THE LICTOR and THE CITADEL OF THE AUTARCH.

Its not one of the easy reading book like the Pern books are. Pern is one of those book good for giving to young readers (10-15 perhaps) who haven't read a lot of Fantasy. Its just easy to like.

My all time fave is George RR Martins Fire and Ice series which is ongoing. part of me is dying to know what happens next and part of me whats it to never end. What a pleasure it is. I have reread them several times and its still a good read. Only the hobbit bets it for rereads.

message 6: by David (new)

David | 1 comments Check out my novel ITP:Future Hope. It is speculative fiction at its best.David GelberITP Future Hope

message 7: by Amanda (last edited May 12, 2009 12:56PM) (new)

Amanda HI EVERYONE! I agree with Nora that Gene Wolfe should definetly be on there. I like most of the books on the group book list, however not really into Goodkind and am sort of sick of the sword and sorcery, elves and dragons type of thing.
Lately I've been leading more toward steampunkesque type SF. I just finished an amazing book, The Court of the Air by Stephen Hunt. If anyone is looking for something to read I would almost for sure you'd like it. Two of the main characters are orphans, but it is definetly not a kids book. I like it so much I've already ordered the next book, The Kingdom Beneath the Waves I think it is or something close to that. It isn't a continuation of the story but a whole different adventure with a couple of minor characters that are in the first book. The first book can be read as a stand alone.

Speculative Fiction Addicts Anonymous

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Itp: Future Hope (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

David Gelber (other topics)