Shadow Moon Sanctuary discussion

New group name?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keia (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:44AM) (new)

Keia | 91 comments Mod
Hey guys!! I'm thinking about changing the name of the group. My thinking is that most people think this group is about the Twilight series since the name of the group is New Moon. When I made the group tho, I really didn't even realize the connection - albeit a really obvious one! SO...since this group focuses around sci-fi/fantasy/horror/paranormal romance/and whatever else anybody wants to talk about...I want to re-name it! Give me your suggestions and then I'll put up a poll and see what we end up with!!

message 2: by Keia (new)

Keia | 91 comments Mod
My first suggestion is Sanctuary - the safe haven/hang out in the Sherrilyn Kenyon novels!

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (babmullins) How about Light Haven (instead of Dark Haven).

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 86 comments Moon Called.....I wasn't bothered by the Twilight reference, I thought about it differently as well.

(something new in midnight reading)

message 5: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (psyko_kittie12) | 2 comments I didnt notice the possible twilight reference right away. I dont have any better suggestions than those already offered.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Midnight's Kiss

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 86 comments ♥I'm the last of my kind♥ wrote: "Midnight's Kiss"

Oh, that's nice!

message 8: by Arthur (new)

Arthur | 2 comments People wouldft see any connection.

message 9: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 11 comments How about just Full Moon??? Keep the moon in there and we all know how the supes love the Full Moon!!!

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 86 comments Oh, someone has just started a full moon group. However, and sadly, although I love it when the moon in the sky is actually a full moon, there have been enough "full moon" incidents in my life (involving none of the earth's natural satellites)that I sort of smurk whenenver I hear the phrase!

message 11: by Kelley (new)

Kelley | 9 comments Moon Kissed, Waxing Moon, Dark Moon, Wolf Moon, Shadow Moon: Just some ideas I skipped over this sight twice before I realized that it wasn't another twilight site.

message 12: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (babmullins) There have been some great suggestions, but I'm still leaning towards my idea (a little biased I know!). "Light Haven" just seems like a relaxed escape from the real world name...and it reflects in a way (most) of the types of novels we all read; paranormal romance, romance, paranormal mystery, etc...I agree with Kelley; the not done of purpose Twilight theme name is probably a deterrent to most people ( I didn't like any of the books, so if I hadn't been invited (by the host, who is a friend, to this group I would have passed over it too) But off the subject a bit...YaY Keia, your big day's coming up soon, are you ready? I hope it's as beautiful as you are =)

message 13: by Keia (new)

Keia | 91 comments Mod
Very nice argument Barbara! lol. I am pretty ready..i think! As long as everybody makes it to the church and Michael manages to say 'I do' we should be good! I am excited now tho to see things coming together! Makes it seem like its really happening!

Anyway, everyone feel free to take barbara's lead and tell us why we should vote for your group name idea!

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 86 comments Oh, sorry, I'm not nearly as concerned with what the group is called as I am with hearing the gritty details about your WEDDING, Keia! I eloped, so must live vicariously through others' color schemes, cake decorations, etc. Give it up girly! Congratulations, by the way!

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 86 comments Okay, it's not my idea, but I'm going to stick up for Midnight Kiss. Why, because those are dangerous, scandalous, eery, or sometimes unexpected. That's the kind of thing that happens when the rest of the world isn't there to see what's going on! It sounds kind of sweet and kind of naughty at the same time. (totally lame supports, oh well, wedding fever)

message 16: by Keia (new)

Keia | 91 comments Mod
haha! I should start a new post about the wedding! Well, I'm getting married in England. Been here for the past few weeks. The ceremony is Saturday at 10 am. My colors are champagne and red. The cake is square and apparently wedding cakes in England are fruit cakes. Yuck, so not my pick, but my fiance loves them so he wins this one. The reception back in the states is MY cake...almond flavored(sooooo good!!!) with buttercream icing not that yucky fondant stuff. blech. Red roses for my bouquet and ivory ones for the bridesmaids. Pretty! Umm..yeah. Sooo I'm getting excited!!

Right...new names...focus!! haha

message 17: by Kelley (new)

Kelley | 9 comments It's not that I don't like Midnight's Kiss, I do like it, but there are several books that have that as a title, or really similar title's. There is even a series called Midnight Kiss. However I don't have a problem if that is what everyone decides to go with. It does sound cool.

message 18: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 86 comments It's all cool.....except for Edward's true love and forever group of Bella wannabeeees. I'd have to object to that one. (it's probably already taken anyway.

message 19: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (babmullins) (Lisa...LOL! You're right, it probably is)...I think we should vote on the names that've been thrown out there, and then narrow it down from the top 3 or so.

message 20: by Keia (new)

Keia | 91 comments Mod
OK! The poll is up so go vote!!

message 21: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) oh this isn't a twilight group...*feels stupid*

message 22: by Keia (new)

Keia | 91 comments Mod
OK guys! I'm gonna put up the new name for the group on Monday or Tuesday, so make sure you've got your vote in. There are two polls now - one with the original names and one with the combinations that were suggested. Vote vote vote! :)

message 23: by Keia (new)

Keia | 91 comments Mod
Shadow Moon Sanctuary wins!

message 24: by Rene (new)

Rene | 1 comments yes this is a excellent name good job peeps

message 25: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 4 comments I'm glad my suggestion of this compromise worked out, I really like the new name.

message 26: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 86 comments Beautiful picture also!