The Actor and the Housewife The Actor and the Housewife discussion

Is this some sort of sequel?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Allison Judging by the title, it sounds like Actor and the Housewife *could* be a sequel to Austenland, but I'm pretty sure it's a standalone. Has anybody got a plot summary? I haven't been able to find one.

Heather No it isn't. If you read Shannon Hale's blog and website (http://www.squeetus.com) she mentions that it is actually the story of a Utah housewife and an actor. I think she also mentioned that it is going to be the same type of humor as Austenland though ... I'm so excited! It comes out in June!

Allison I do read her blog from time to time, but I haven't checked it recently....and it seems I always miss the juicy entries!

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I am so psyched!

message 4: by Kelsey (last edited Feb 27, 2009 06:00PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kelsey It's not a sequel. It's about a Mormon housewife who meets a Colin-Firth (as described by Shannon Hale in the author's note)- type actor and they become best friends. Her husband is okay with it, but neighbors and family members wonder how a friendship with such a popular actor can remain platonic.

I got ahold of an advanced reader copy, and it really surprised me. I really enjoyed it.

Allison Kelsey wrote: "It's not a sequel. It's about a Mormon housewife who meets a Colin-Firth (as described by Shannon Hale in the author's note)- type actor and they become best friends. Her husband is okay with it, ..."

Oh that sounds awesome! I'm psyched to read it! Thanks for the plot summary, Kelsey!