The Next Best Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Revive a Dead Thread > The Person Below Me

Comments Showing 1-50 of 8,738 (8738 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 174 175

message 1: by Lori, Super Mod (last edited Dec 13, 2007 08:30AM) (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10015 comments Mod
Hey everyone.
Seeing as how I am currently getting snowed in, I have been alternating between goodreads.com and my current book all morning.

On another group (Anthony, I hope this is ok) I saw a game that I thought was really cute. I was curious to see it played out here.

This is how it works:
I will post a book-related sentence, and then the person below me posts their answer to my post, and makes up a new one for the person below them.

It can be ANYTHING to do with books. you can use things like "the person below me likes Stephen King novels", or "the person below me just read a christmas themed novel"... if you are the next poster, just post yes or no, and then create your sentence.

I will start.

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

The person below me likes to read right before bed.

message 3: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) Yep!

The person below me has an obsessive need to keep their books looking brand new.

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Yes...! (never crack a spine...ever)

The person below me has issues with loaning out books.

message 5: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (audneal) YES! I just can't bring myself to do it hardly. I will let my mom or sister borrow them, but then I hound them until they are finished (otherwise, mom will keep a book for MONTHS!)

The person below me refuses to leave a book unfinished.

message 6: by Jodie (new)

Jodie (jodiemill) | 44 comments Wish I could say yes but recently this answer has been No. (maybe it's the books I'm reading)

The person below me has so many books he/she doesn't know which one to start next.

message 7: by Lori, Super Mod (last edited Dec 13, 2007 01:47PM) (new)

Nope, I put a leash on my book buying. I limit myself to no more than three new books at a time.
And I dont allow myself to buy new ones until I am on the last of my recent purchases.

The person below me reads more than one book at a time.

message 8: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) No...just one at a time for me!

The person below me enjoys reading while having a bubble bath...

message 9: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Oh yeah....

The person below me carries a book with them everywhere they go.

message 10: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Nope, I don't but I'm thinking it is a good idea and may have to start.

The person below me despises dog ears in books.

message 11: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jentobox) | 7 comments Actually NO maybe not soon but its on my list of things to do before I die to tackle War and Peace someday...

The person below me can browse at bookstores for hours

message 12: by Jaime (new)

Jaime (jaimechm) Actually I can browse for hours in a bookstore - it's the best place to relax!

The person below me always has a book to read on the plane.

message 13: by alicia (new)

alicia grant (shesha34) Yes I usually do.

The person below me always eturns library books on time.

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Usually...though I have had exceptions to my rule.

The person below me is guilty of reading instead of other things that need doing.

message 15: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Absolutely - especially the housework.

The person below me likes to select their own books as opposed to someone giving them a book that they've never heard of or would have chosen.

message 16: by Blujbird (new)

Blujbird Twig | 12 comments Not true. I really hate reading books more than once however I just recently picked up The Living by Annie Dillard for the second time. Wow, maybe I should read books twice...it was even better the second time.

The person below me always has a stack of books to choose from because they never know what they are in the "mood" for..

message 17: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie | 8 comments Yep !!! A couple hundred to choose from at my finger tips :>)

The person below me has bought a book, taken it home and found that they already own a copy of the book.

message 18: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Ohmigod... No. Not yet anyway. That would be sad....*funny sad, not sad sad*

The person below me has used books to prop up furniture or stablize wobbly things.

message 19: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jentobox) | 7 comments No. I love my books way too much to do anything that might harm them.

The person below isolates and hides themselves in a room when reading for the fear of being interrupted at a realy good part of the book

message 20: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Nope. I can read through just about anything!
that leads me to

The person below me can read through kids playing/screaming, tv blaring, spouse talking, air raid sirens, end of the world destruction... without losing thier train of thought.

message 21: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) yup that's me!!!!!!

the person below me reads in the bathroom.

message 22: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Sometimes.

The person below me can spend hours in a bookstore.

message 23: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Not hours... but i do spend some time browsing...

The person below me lives with someone who shares thier passion for reading.

message 24: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Unfortunately not but that's okay, he's been extremely busy of late, I won't hold it against him.

The person below me has a huge bookcase with books ordered by author names.

message 25: by Jodie (last edited Dec 17, 2007 09:27AM) (new)

Jodie (jodiemill) | 44 comments Well...I do have all my Nora Roberts & Jodi Picoult books on one bookcase. I also do try to keep the books together for the same author. Makes them easier to find that way.

The person below me (while reading in the tub, hot tub, pool, etc.) has dropped their book into the water.

message 26: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Boisture | 121 comments Yes! It was Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson. It was a borrowed copy and I had to buy a new one for my friend.

The person below me needs to go to Ikea to buy more bookcases for his/her book collection that is getting unwieldy.

message 27: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) i've never been to Ikea, but i do need to get more bookcases. i have totes and totes of books that i can't put up yet because i have no room on my 4 that i already own, and all my shelves have double rows!!!!

the person below me is against t.v.

message 28: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Not against it, put i much rather read a book than watch it.

The person below me cant wait until christmas to see how many book store gift cards they will be receiving!

message 29: by Mandy (new)

Mandy
Absolutely!!!!

The person below me finds that books made into movies hardly ever do the book justice.

message 30: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) For the most part, I'm agreed! :)

The person below me gets carsick if reading while in a car/bus/etc...

message 31: by Heather (new)

Heather (trixieplum) Luckily, no -- I can read just about anywhere!

The person below me never parts with a book even once he/she has finished reading it.

message 32: by Sherrie (new)

Sherrie (splummer54) Hi! I'm new here. So be patient. OK
I usually keep all my books until they start taking over the house. Then I carefully sort them out and keep my favorites.

The person below me keeps a journal of all the books they have read.

message 33: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Hi Sherrie, thanks for joining!
No- sadly i do not log my books, tho i wished i did.

The person below me likes to read books aloud to thier spouses or children.

message 34: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) To my kids, yes. :)

The person below me doesn't eat while they read, in case they get something on their book...

message 35: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

totally me.

the person below me is addicted to websites like these...

message 36: by Heather (new)

Heather (trixieplum) I'm definitely addicted to this website :)

The person below me keeps a book by the TV so that he/she can read during commercial breaks!

message 37: by Lori, Super Mod (last edited Dec 20, 2007 02:11PM) (new)

Nope. Dont really watch tv, so im always reading. the book is carried from room to room with me!!!

The person below me has a membership to barnes and nobles and/or a borders rewards card.

message 38: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 6 comments Yes I do!

The person below me has a very hard time containing their excitement when they see a library or book store, and many times the people they are with can't relate.

message 39: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Definitely!! I think I have an addiction :-)

The person below me can't wait to see Kite Runner on the big screen.

(I can't wait!! Am so excited. I hope it does the book justice. People who have been lucky enough to see it already have given it great reviews so I'm guessing it's going to be good)

message 40: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Sorry, havent had the urge to read that one yet...

But in keeping with the books vs movie theme...

The person below me saw I Am Legend and was torn about the film, loving it becuase it was a really good movie, but hating it because it was NOTHING like the book.

message 41: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 6 comments Unfortunatly I have not yet seen I Am Legend.

The person below me is constantly looking forward to their next read, even when they are fully captivated by their current one.

message 42: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

ahhh. I always do that. I call it Readers Anxiety! That why I never buy more than three books at a time.... I would never be able to concentrate on what I was reading!!

The person below me would have a very tough time deciding weather to use their last $20 bucks on gas, or food, or a new book or two!!!

message 43: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) No...I generally don't buy a lot of books. BUT...if it was my last $20 and had to choose between gas to get to the library or food - I'd pick gas! LOL!

The person below me likes reading chick-lit

message 44: by Mandy (new)

Mandy I do, not that I've read that many but I like to read them in between the heavy books.

The person below me has read at least one Ben Elton book.

message 45: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Nope. I havent.

The person below me will be reading thier current book like a madman/woman so they can finish it, and be able to start one of the new ones they hopefully are getting for christmas right away!

message 46: by Jodie (last edited Dec 25, 2007 02:21PM) (new)

Jodie (jodiemill) | 44 comments Yes, I've been trying to finish the one I'm on now because I did get a bunch for Christmas. :)

The person below me would rather stay cuddled up with a book than go to "the party of the year."

message 47: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Boisture | 121 comments Absolutely!

The person below me is happy with the books and/or Border's and/or Barnes & Noble gift cards received over the holidays!

message 48: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

I sure am. I am already thinking of when I can hop into the car and head over there to spend my gift card!

The person below me didnt get any reading done yesterday because when the time finally came to sit down and curl up with thier book, they passed out from christmas exhaustion!

message 49: by Jodie (new)

Jodie (jodiemill) | 44 comments I read in the morning before all my family festivities started. But yes, by the time last night rolled around I was too exhausted to read.

The person below me is going to the bookstore today (or at least sometime this week) to use their gift card.

message 50: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

I will be going first thing sunday. I havent had time, family has been staying and visiting... but it is burning a hole in my wallet!!!

The person below me will be reading a chapter of thier book before they hit the sheets tonite.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 174 175
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.