Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Jennifer Rardin

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments Has anyone read the Jaz Parks series by Jennifer Rardin? I've heard quite a few good things...

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments I've read them all, having just finished the most recent one a week or so ago. I love the series, and it's one that I think has really improved as it's gone along. The strength is in the characters, especially Jaz, Vayl and Cole. An entertaining read I would happily recommend to anyone that likes UF.

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I believe I have this on my tbr list.. Along with a million other books. but I definitely thought the series sounded interesting!

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments It's on my tbr list as well. For some reason, I was dead-set against reading the numerous paranormal/urban fantasy series that are out there, so it is taking a bit to catch up.

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I didn't realize how many series there were.. until you start going through them all. It's hard to think of solitary pnr and uf books.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 28, 2009 01:22PM) (new)

My sense of humor is defective, and alot of what others consider funny isn't to me. But IMO Jennifer Rardin is very funny, for humor the only comparable PnR author is Shelly Laurenston (Jeaniene Frost is close). I've been enjoying this series, one of my few remaining auto-buy authors. Book 5 is in TBR, somebody please tell me she doesn't keep the dog!

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments They are indeed, hilarious! Cole is especially funny and I feel cheated whenever he doesn't feature heavily in the books. I regularly laugh out loud when I read them.

I refuse to answer the dog question. LOL ;)

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Okay, you guys have convinced me. Yet another author to add to my TBR.... sigh. It's so overwhelming!!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

*pouts*

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments Nothing quite like cyber-peer pressure, eh? When I first signed up for Goodreads, I think I had 15 books on my To Read list and now I have something like 900!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Yuppers, management of the TBR becomes impossible. I'm considering selling mine to aliens for use as an aide to space navigation, I'm sure it can be seen from Mars.

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan (dollymama) | 5 comments Just recently bought the first four books. (is #5 out yet?) and I just know I am going to add them to my favorites. So I am saving til I can read them all at once. I just have a good feeling about this series!!

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments Susan wrote: "Just recently bought the first four books. (is #5 out yet?) and I just know I am going to add them to my favorites. So I am saving til I can read them all at once. I just have a good feeling about ..."

Yes, book five, One More Bite, came out last month. Great fun!

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 11, 2009 11:19AM) (new)

My sense of humor must be broken, 'cause alot of the authors readers insist are funny...just aren't to me. But Jennifer Rardin cracks me up...her and Shelly Laurenston. They are both funny.

Enjoy!

message 15: by B (new)

B | 82 comments Okay -- just requested book one at the library. :)

message 16: by B (new)

B | 82 comments Denni -- Pride Stories or Magnus Pack for Laurenston?

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) I haven't read her Pride series yet but the Magnus Pack is definitely a riot. I really enjoyed Micki's and Conall's story. A black girl that can't dance is just way too funny.

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 09, 2009 02:59PM) (new)

I've read more Magnus, but anything should be great. Laurenston is that kind of author, enjoy!

message 19: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I just started reading the first book in the series since everyone here gave such great reviews. So far I find it very interesting. I like how it's a little bit set apart from the other pnr books out there. I mean there's a vamp and then there's the CIA too? how cool.

I love Jaz's character already, she really comes out with some crazy statements. It's not funny funny but it's amusing. If that makes sense..

Awesome.. now I have a new author to read. woo hoo.

message 20: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. Ok, another author to add to my TBR list, my list is getting out of hand too, LOL.
I love to have a giggle when I read books so she sounds like an author I will like.

message 21: by Jess (last edited Mar 14, 2009 05:08AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I just finished book 4, and I'm loving this series. Karen you should definitely give it a try.

Although if sexual tension could kill.. i'd be dead 100 times over by now.

On a side note... I'm a little pissed because I can't find the fifth book in my library system. I've borrowed all of them and I don't really want to buy the last book in the series, without owning all the others. Especially since I told myself to stop buying books and save my money.

What do I do????

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments How about an ebook?

message 23: by Kaz. (new)

Kaz. Thanks Jess I will be reading them. Like you though I am going to have to slow down on buying books, have you asked your Library if they can order it in for you? I had the same problem as you with my Library and I gave them the name and author of the book I was after and they bought the book, they said it would be a good one to have. I hope you can work something out.

message 24: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Someone sent me the copy of the last book via e-book... I just finished it and it was fantastic.

I'm very excited by the path that Vayl and Jaz are on, but I don't want to say too much... :)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments Yeah, it was weird, I actually liked the story line of the previous book more than in the latest book - but I loved the interaction between Jaz and Vayl, and well I'm a sucker for Cole so the fact that he had a big role in this one was a plus for me. All in all, good fun, and I can't wait for Bite Marks!

message 26: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I wasn't as big a fan of the storyline with the ghosts, but I just love Vayl and Jaz so much that it made the book that much better.

Cole is always interesting as well.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments He's hilarious and I never fail to laugh out loud when he's about. Jaz totally belongs with Vayl - of that I have no doubt - but I want great things for Cole as well. I mean, he loves his mom, knows sign language, has a wicked sense of humor and is obsessed with bubble gum - how awesome is that? LOL

message 28: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments he is pretty funny, but it's obvious that Jaz doesn't belong with him. I think he knows that and just likes messing with her and Vayl

message 29: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 205 comments Jess wrote: "I just finished book 4, and I'm loving this series. Karen you should definitely give it a try.

On a side note... I'm..."

The first sentence of the first book had me laughing. From then on I knew I was hooked. I love Jaz and Vayl together, but I swear if one of them doesn't "make a move" soon I'm going to become very frustrated with good ole Jaz and Vayl. I read through book 3 and became sidetracked. Book 4 is in my tbr pile and I hope to get to it very soon.

message 30: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Lenore wrote: "Jess wrote: "I just finished book 4, and I'm loving this series. Karen you should definitely give it a try.

On a side no..."

I know!! Please for damn sake put them together. Relieve some tension!! haha.

message 31: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 205 comments Agreed! Jaz makes me so mad sometimes because she will just sit there and seethe until Vayl comes to her.

message 32: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) I have the first in this series in The Pile somewhere. Guess I should dig it out.

message 33: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 205 comments Oh you should defiantly. Only if you don't like the first as much give the sequel a try. If you love the first you will be thrilled to know the second is so much better!

message 34: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Lenore wrote: "Agreed! Jaz makes me so mad sometimes because she will just sit there and seethe until Vayl comes to her."

I know.. I was so distracted in the newest book because I was waiting for them to get together that I don't even remember the plot of the book. I need to re-read