Daily Diary discussion

Fun, fun, fun > Podcasts

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa W (last edited Jan 25, 2009 01:05AM) (new)

Melissa W (melissawiebe80) I am sure we all listen to at least one podcast. I listen to a history podcast, a couple of podcasts (one of them is the NYT Book Review), and a whole whack of sports related podcasts (a good majority are related to hockey in some form or fashion). I also have the video versions of Countdown with K.O. and The Rachel Maddow Show.

message 2: by Ed (new)

Ed | 237 comments Mod
I listen every week to the slate political and the slate cultural gabfest; check out the npr sciece weekly show; any podcast on the tv show lost--like lostcasts best but jay and jack and the transmission are good; galactica watercooler occasionally on battlestar galactica; kcrw (I believe) political weekly show; shield and brooks from the newshour weekly discussion....the amateur traveller podcast. Podcasts are great!

message 3: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) I've discovered author Scott Sigler and he has some serialized podcasts of his fantastic books. I've listened to Infection and am currently listening to Nocturnal. He reads every part himself and he is a ham. He has me laughing about the different voices he uses for his characters. He's got a great sense of humor and it shows in his writing.

I discovered a site called Podiobooks. It doesn't have that many well-known authors, but some of the titles look intriguing. I'm going to try them out when I finish with Siglers audio library.