The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion


981 views
Foxface's Death: Suicide, Accident, or not real

Comments Showing 1-50 of 113 (113 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

FallingAngels I've heard alot of people debate about Foxface's death! What do you think? Here are the three sides:

Suicide- Some people think that in the heat of the games, Foxface had three options, get killed be Cato brutally, have a painful death by an arrow shot by Katniss, or die peacfully by berries. She chose suicide by berries.

Accident- Some people think it was a total accident. She needed food, saw berries, ate them. BAM! Dead!

Not Real- As we all know, Foxface is smart. Some people think she faked her death, and tricked the game-makers. Got out of the Games, and when she was out, sneak away.

What I think: In the book, I think it was an accident. In the movie, I think it was suicide, because there was alot of clues, like how she knew edible plants. What I'd like it to be, not real.


Mary I got the impression from reading the book that it was an accident. She survived a lot on stealing from other people so she just thought stealing the berries would be an easy way for her to get food.


Bad Wolf Not real is totally not plausible. Katniss said you had to be all fancy dressed up and put in a small wooden box to your district. I don't think an alive foxface would be able to do that without getting exsacuted.


Bad Wolf Suicide would be a crazy way to get out of it. If she got that far, why would she want to throw away her Victory?!?!?!


Bad Wolf if she made it that far....


Bad Wolf You mis-spelled scarred.


message 7: by Merce (new) - added it

Merce Obviously an accident. I doubt Foxface really dwelled on all the ways she could die enough to drive her crazy and commit suicide. Otherwise she probably would have done it a long time ago. There's no way she could have faked death and escaped since the bodies are picked up by the Capitol shortly after they die. She was probably just trying to out-survive them and hope they kill each other. Katniss also mentioned she noticed bits of their food being picked at.


FallingAngels A comment on the not real side: There must be medcine for nightlock. What if that was something she stole from the careers. She could have made the cameras think that she thought it was water or something, drank it, and then have eaten the nightlock, waited to be sent back to her district, and ran from there!


message 9: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz I think Suzanne Collins wanted to find a clever way for foxface to die, and it was clever, I think it was an accident because foxface was in the top 4 I don't think she would give up without a fight. She was probably just saw berries was starving and thought that if peeta had them they would be okay but they weren't.


Bad Wolf FallingAngels wrote: "A comment on the not real side: There must be medcine for nightlock. What if that was something she stole from the careers. She could have made the cameras think that she thought it was water or so..."

DID YOU NOT READ KATNISS SAY YOU'D BE DEAD BEFORE IT HIT YOUR INTESTINES?!?!?


Shannyn I definitely think it was suicide. If she was really as smart as Katniss says she was, I think she knew she had no chance of winning and decided nightlock was better than a brutal death by Cato or someone else. And the movie also strengthened my point too. I know we shouldn't trust the movie as much because of some of the differences but in the Training Center, she was even shown matching plants so I think it was definitely suicide.


Bad Wolf *cough THE CHEESE cough*


Julianna I think it was an accident. Foxface was very clever, but she was from Five; we don't know what their industry is but it probably has nothing to do with poisonous vs edible foodstuff. Remember what Katniss said, she's been so careful not to underestimate her opponents that she overestimated them.


Bad Wolf LOGIC!! I THANK YOU!!


Kate aka Katniss marie swan Suicide
Fox face was smart she wouldn't have eaten poison berrys she new katniss and Cato would beat her so she chose a peaceful death

RIP
FOX FACE


FallingAngels Gracieface wrote: "FallingAngels wrote: "A comment on the not real side: There must be medcine for nightlock. What if that was something she stole from the careers. She could have made the cameras think that she thou..."

I understand your point. But if she had medicine BEFORE she ate it, she may be safe. As for the cheese, I said myself when it comes to the book it was probably an accident. Although she was smart enough that it could have been suicide. And one thought was that a couple of years ago, in a previous Games, a boy from 5 commited suicide, and his family was shunned. So Foxface made it look like an accident. I personaly can't decide. BTW if you like this discussion you should take my quiz: The Foxface Quiz.


Bad Wolf WHY THE STINKIN' HECK WOULD SHE STINKIN' COMMIT SUICIDE?!?!


FallingAngels Think about it. Which would you choose?:

1. Painful death by arrow. (Katniss)
2. Painful death being strangled. (Cato)
3. Peacful death. (Berries)


Bad Wolf I chose four.


FallingAngels Haha! That was really funny. But what if there wasn't a fourth option?


Shannyn Gracieface wrote: "*cough THE CHEESE cough*"

What cheese? You are honestly not making any sense. @FallingAngels is saying that she was smart. She knows she was practically given the choice of brutal death or something instantaneous and not painful so it would make sense.


FallingAngels Shannyn wrote: "Gracieface wrote: "*cough THE CHEESE cough*"

What cheese? You are honestly not making any sense. @FallingAngels is saying that she was smart. She knows she was practically given the choice of brut..."


Thank you! BTW Foxface took some cheese before the berries. That's what I believe Gracieface is saying. Thanks again. That's exactly what I was trying to say!


Bad Wolf I AGREE WITH FALLINGANGELS!!


Bad Wolf FallingAngels wrote: "Haha! That was really funny. But what if there wasn't a fourth option?"

There was. It's called win the games.


Shannyn Oh that. But how would the cheese be poisoned? It's from the Capitol. They wouldn't send that. They found the berries in the arena.


Bad Wolf One day I'm going to have stop joining these duscussions. IN THE BOOK, THE CHEESE WAS MISSING. FOXFACE TOOK IT, AS WELL AS SOME OF THE BERRYS. THE FLIPPIN CHEESE WASN'T STINKIN' POISIONED.


FallingAngels Gracieface wrote: "FallingAngels wrote: "Haha! That was really funny. But what if there wasn't a fourth option?"

There was. It's called win the games."


Fair enough! But what I really like about Foxface is that she was probably the most pure person in the book, or at least that Games. I know your probably going, Wait, What? But think about it! She was the person who got the farthest without killing a single person. (Katniss killed Glimmer, Marvel, and Cato, Cato killed numerous people, and Peeta killed the girl from 8 maybe more.) It seemed that her whole strategy was to hide, not kill. Maybe she realized she couldn't bring herself to kill anyone, except herself.


Bad Wolf That would personally be my strategy, if I wasn't killed in the bloodbath. I'd be a prey bird. But I agree with you.


Shannyn I see your point, but I still think it could've been suicide. I haven't read the book in about two years so details like that I forget so the movie is fresher in my mind but I still just think it was really fishy...


Bad Wolf I only recently read the series.


Shannyn FallingAngels wrote: "Gracieface wrote: "FallingAngels wrote: "Haha! That was really funny. But what if there wasn't a fourth option?"

There was. It's called win the games."

Fair enough! But what I really like about F..."

That was deep.


Shannyn Gracieface wrote: "I only recently read the series."

YOU DIDN'T SEE THE MOVIE!? asgdfagrejopgja
well you've been spared on my rants about casting.


FallingAngels Thank you! I'm glad this discussion is becoming popular! I've always wanted to hear other people's views on the topic! Again, if you liked this, please take my quiz: The Foxface Quiz. It would be my strategy too! But, when it was down to two, I would try to out survive the other player. Unfortunatley the Gamemakers would eventually force us into a battle to the death.


FallingAngels Shannyn wrote: "FallingAngels wrote: "Gracieface wrote: "FallingAngels wrote: "Haha! That was really funny. But what if there wasn't a fourth option?"

There was. It's called win the games."

Fair enough! But what..."


Thanks!


message 36: by Joe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joe Gibson Hmm I'm pretty sure it was an accident. Because Katniss does say after the hovercraft takes her body away that she was "emaciated" and would've died sooner or later so I'm guessing in the haste of the moment she picked up the berries and chanced it.


Shannyn And you're in the hunger games. like that is a reason all in itself


Bad Wolf I don't think foxface would do that.


Rebecca Schmidt I think it was definately an accident. It's not suicide because (as previously mentioned) Foxface also took some cheese. Also mentioned, she had a habit of stealing other people's food, which I think is because she didn't know which foods were posioness. It's not 'not realy' because even if she did manage to get out of the games they inserted a tracking device under the skin of each of the tribute. Therefore she couldn't have run away before or after being picked up by the capitol without being caught, as I'm sure she knew.


Bad Wolf LOOOGGGIIIICCC!!


Melinda Gregory This is interesting...I've never heard any debate on her death until I stumbled on this topic. With that being said, I'm not sure why there is a debate? To me, it was pretty obvious her death was a total accident. She hadn't made it to the near finale of the Games only to back out by knowingly eating poisonous berries, and I honestly cannot see anyway she'd fake her death and get away with it. Just not plausible.


Rebecca Schmidt I understand why people would think it would be suicide, after all the hunger games was VERY depressing. I think that it would have been a nice touch if Foxface had faked her death and became a major part of the rebellion. But like Mindy said, it's impossible.


Elizabeth Day Accident. Peeta knew nothing about the berries and almost ate them himself, but then Foxface ended up eating them instead. Although, it is weird she didn't know about them considering how great a fighter she is. But maybe they never learned about that stuff in her district.


Raechella I think it's an accident, but there's a little part in me that says that it's suicide. I think Foxface's clever enough to even eat those poisonous berries. But perhaps she thought for a moment what she would face there in the arena: Cato and Katniss; and she's not even good in combat, only her cleverness is her weapon. So either face death in agony or a painless one.


Linda It was an accident. It was a great way for Suzanne to show one's strength can be their downfall. She might have been a smart girl, but she was also a realistic character, and even smart people can't know everything.


Bad Wolf Linda wrote: "It was an accident. It was a great way for Suzanne to show one's strength can be their downfall. She might have been a smart girl, but she was also a realistic character, and even smart people can'..."

you be awesome.


Linda Thanks, I guess.


message 49: by Merce (new) - added it

Merce Hahaha! That was well put, Linda. Saying how her death symbolized and meant something instead of just... whoops, you're dead.


Hannah (wetheliteraries) I think it was an accident (in the book) she was hungry and she thought Peeta and Katsa were going to eat them so she trusted them


« previous 1 3
back to top