Team Twilight discussion

America Ferrera or America Young as Emily??? (rumor)

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:44AM) (new)

Stephanie Add America Ferrera to the long list of actresses who are supposedly up for a role in the Twilight sequel New Moon.

Following in the footsteps of Vanessa Hudgens and Dakota Fanning, the 24-year-old Ugly Betty actress has reportedly auditioned for the movie. Ferrera tried out for the part of Emily Young, fiancée to Sam Uley and second cousin to Leah Clearwater.

“I got to audition for New Moon today! For the role of Emily,” Crazy Days and Nights quotes the outspoken actress and snappy dresser as saying. “The casting director, you fans of the book will be glad to know, has read the books and loves them. And you can tell. His direction was spot on for the character. I loved the books. I would so love to be in the movie!!!”

Seems like a perfectly reasonable match. After all, Ferrera has had experience interacting with monstrous characters before.

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 151 comments as emily? no, but they said DAKOTA fANNING WAS OFFERD jane, so who knows.

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie She is not really how I pictured Emily....

message 4: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments She's not really how I pictured Emily too. But I think she could play Emily pretty well.

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (bookedwithcourt) No...I don't think she'd be good for Emily..Sorry no..
And DAKOTA FANNING??? WTFF??? DF..I don't think she'd be good for Jane..She's not creepy enough..

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I still like the people I chose in my wolf pack and volturi posts....

message 7: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments Dakota Fanning may not look creepy enough now, but I'm sure after hair and make-up, thet could make her look kinda creepy. Plus, who else could play her. They have to get a younger actress because of Jane's height, but there aren't that many young, short actresses that are blond and "look like an angel". She may not be perfect for the role, but she is pretty close.

message 8: by Stephanie (last edited Jan 25, 2009 11:04AM) (new)

Stephanie Dakota is ok I actually think she is a great choice... but if they want a really young looking girl I like Bella Thorne...shes 12
bella thorne. Pictures, Images and Photos

message 9: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (bookedwithcourt) she'd be ok..but what about that other one?? I don't remember the actresses name..

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I think she would be good for the part

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Taylor Momsen... Taylor Michel Momsen Awesome Pictures, Images and Photos

message 12: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments she could be good, but not w/ her new hair cut though

message 13: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie they could use a wig...alice wears a wig...

message 14: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments true

message 15: by Stephanie (last edited Jan 27, 2009 12:15PM) (new)

Stephanie ok so heres something else....

America Young as Emily in New Moon

America Young, who has had supporting roles in movies I’ve never heard of such as The Dead Undead, Point of Contact, and Ultimate Weapon, has auditioned for the role of Emily in New Moon, according to a post on the blog of (her?) entertainment lawyer–

Oh!!! And I got to audition for New Moon today! For the role of Emily. The casting director, you fans of the book will be glad to know, has read the books and loves them. And you can tell. His direction was spot on for the character. I loved the books. I would so love to be in the movie!!!

I’ve never heard of America Young, but if this picture is any indication, I think the part-Native American actress could be a good fit for Emily. What do you guys think?

message 17: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments She could be decent. She sorta looks like the Emily I pictured, but I never heard of her either, so I don't know how her acting is, so I don't know if she could play Emily

message 18: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie yeah I have never heard of her either...I just read a thing that said she was going to audition...

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

aeh shes ok. ive never herd of her either.

message 20: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments The fact that we never heard of her could be a good thing though. Since no one has heard of her, we won't have her perivous roles in our mind, so we won't know what to expect or have opinions already in place before we see her in it. But since we don't know what to excpets, or the fact we never heard of her, she could be a really bad actress.

message 21: by Christina♥ , ♥super duper lover of TWILIGHT and oh yeah Edward is mine!♥ (new)

Christina♥  | 3132 comments Mod
I have never heard of b4 either...shes pretty good. :)

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 151 comments me neitheer, but that girl bella thorne.. oh mi gosh she does not look like 12 year old girl!!!! her hair and face look llike a 20 year olds but shes soooooooo skinny that her body makes her look like an 8 year old!!!!! scary,,....but she is reaallyy preettyy

message 23: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 531 comments I agree! I didn't think it was a real photo at 1st!

message 24: by Emma (new)

Emma | 113 comments huh maybe.

message 25: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I can post some different pics of her.