Where Words Become Stories discussion

68 views
Writing > Why you write

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 24, 2009 03:55PM) (new)

I am really tired of this being a writing group but no one actually talks about writing.


Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 2 comments I write because I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul.


message 3: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) nice. to me writing helps me explain my fellings


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool.


message 5: by Arthur (new)

Arthur | 1 comments Why not? it's old as time itself and builds spine plots like history books.


message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I write beause words are the best way to explain and express yourself.


message 7: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) yay :D


message 8: by Leiko (new)

Leiko Xantara (arrogant_protector) I WRITE BECAUSE OTHERWISE I'D HAVE NOTHING THATS JUST MINE!


message 9: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) aw. well you have a sister that's yours... :]


message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

You also have that annoying habit of bugging me when ever I'm doing anything of any inportance, like writing, doing homework, or SLEEPING!


message 11: by Leiko (new)

Leiko Xantara (arrogant_protector) BUT BELLS HAS THAT TO!


message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Not as much.


message 13: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) wait, bells is your sister too?


message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep.


message 15: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) who's the oldest?


message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Bells is the oldest.


message 17: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) and then Lye?


message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Lye and I are twins, but she's oldest.


message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I write because it frees my soul from the burdens of life. I help to create a life for others so they may enjoy what I love to do. I create a space for what ever the reader has in mind, for what ever I am writiing. One day I may share my writing with my kids,if I get a chance to have some one day.


message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Yui wrote: "and then Lye?"
Wait! Why were you so sure Lye was older than me?



message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Great reasons.


message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I write because... well, I haven't written much anymore.


message 23: by Bradley (new)

Bradley | 2 comments I write because it makes me feel good. =)

http://www.cardshark.com/content/view...

Dreamsbane of Tamalor by Bradley James Simpson


message 24: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I write because I am a lot more articulate writing than talking and to tell a story.


message 25: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) Cryptid wrote: "Yui wrote: "and then Lye?"
Wait! Why were you so sure Lye was older than me?
"


no, i wasn't...but i remember you or Lye telling me that Lye was older in another group... sorry if it was kinda offensive...



message 26: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 5 comments I believe that writing is a way of talking to my imaginary frenz and even myself...not only that itz loaddzz of fun bcoz you just need to have a pencil/pen and you can simply control what u write...The feeling that you are in control of everything!!It simply feels great!!


message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Yui wrote: "Cryptid wrote: "Yui wrote: "and then Lye?"
Wait! Why were you so sure Lye was older than me?
"

no, i wasn't...but i remember you or Lye telling me that Lye was older in another group... sorry if i..."


Thats not what I meant.


message 28: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) wait, what? what did you mean, then?


message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

i write because it helps make the stress go away after a long day. and because its like im in a whole new world making new friends. i like writting, i am currently writting a novel-its a fairytale. i has elves and vampires in it. so far it is going good.


message 30: by Wy (new)

Wy (silvermoon10) | 1 comments The main reasons why I write is to jot down my ideas which come most in an unexpected time and place and to express my feelings which stresses me most of the time. :P


message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I write because I just enjoy it. I don't like writing for school thought because teachers don't know what I want to write about. I want to be an author but I won't if I put parinthasise next to every challenging word that most people wouldn't know. (Fourth grade teachers idea of a good storie) SHe also made be "lead into my storie's middle like this... let me tell you why. (I HATED HER SOOO MUCH)

**this comment is dedicated to the worst teacher ever... Mrs. Jane Lacas (I hope your reading this Mrs lucas because I really hate you)


message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

There is no reason to be mean. But I have to agree with you when you say that the teachers dont know what you want to write about. It happens at times and what do is when I get a bad composition I twist the words up a bit and write what I want then. And when the teacher says that is not what she wanted I say that is what I thought you meant. But they cant say that whatever you write is not good. because every mans work is a work of art.


message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

i know maybe I was a little harsh, but we had this prompt that said... "You find a rolled up carpet by the track. What do you do with it?" I wanted to be creative and I find a dinosaur egg (I know, its stupid, but where elese could you go with this story)because I thought everybody was going to do a magic carpet ride. I showed it to Mrs. Lucas and she said I didnt follow the prompt at all and I had to do it about a magic carpet ride. I mean it says nothing about it being magical let alone you had to fly on it!


message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

ok...you were right that was a pretty bad composition!! i mean, if everybody writes about a magic flying carpet what is the point of writing at all? they will all be they same:

if i found a magic carpet by the railroads i would fly to school everyday and brag about then i would fly through the halls and run over everybady...hahaha

that is so boring if i ever got a composition like that i would go crazy. everybody composition should be different. even MY teacher isnt that bad. and if she heard this she would go all kung fu mokey godzilla on YOUR teacher. sheesh i should print this out and show it to her...actually i think i will not she might do something crazy...well anyways you should use your imaginatio

last year i was in art, she told us to draw a picture of an animal. well i drew the most beautiful zebra i ever drew. and after i handed it to her she stared at me for a long time when she finally soke her tone was harsh. she said..."a purple zebra? honostly you could do better that that. go sit back down and do it again!" she threw it in the trash. i mean if she was so good at art then why havnt i seen any of her precious paintings at art musuems?

look the best i can do is say...dont take her talk harsh...just do what you want and say that every persons writing is good and that if you dont like it why dont you write it...you may get in trouble because i said that once and well...lets just say i got sent out in the hall for a lecture...and other very bad comments on my behavior. but let me say this...it was not my fault i was thinking it at first and she just happended to say my name and i just blurted it out. luckily she didnt call my parents. but i was out their for nerly ten minutes!

good luck with your teacher. some of them think they are so smart just because they have a GED and a PHD. dont listen to them alls they do is say that if they could do it so can you. believe me, i know these things i got in trouble by my math teacher the other day just because i didnt know the answer to a problem that i SHOULD have known? please now everyone is smart. i am though.

well this is really long. oh well. good luck with your teacher again. and try not to blurt anything out that you dont want to say. not all teachers are nice like mine are. and if you do blurt it out or say it and he/she takes you outside just start crying it always works. they cant stand the waterworks. that is if they have children or neices. good luck again

sincerely

wl


message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you, that teacher is long gone... all the way to fourth grade. I would have told her off (the most respectfully i could) but A)I never got in trouble before and B)She liked me. I don't really have a "bad temper" but when somebody makes me mad... lets just say watch your back... ha ha ha ha ha. But if I wasn't afraid of getting in trouble this is what I would tell her.

Mrs. Lucas: This isn't the prompt.
Me; Yes it is
Mrs. L: No you have to go on the journey with it
Me: It says nothing about that in the prompt!
Mrs. L: You have to infer, what else would you do with a rolled up carpet ither than ride on it.
Me; I would find a dinosaur egg and bring it home, let it hatch and let it go. ((IF I WAS REALLY IN THE MOOD TO GET INTROUBLE I WOULD SAY I WOULD BEAT YOU TO A PULP WITH IT STUPID LUCAS))
Mrs. L: Turn your card to yellow and bring me your agenda log
Me: Why
Mrs L: Because you were disfrespectful to me
Me; Your the one who doesn't write a prompt correnctly, I mean if you wanted us to take a jorney with it you should af said so retard!

**this is the part were i would probably go to the principals office!!!!!

Anyway, thank you wl and I'm sorry about your purple zebra. Tell her that I have seen a prple squirrle (i have go on google and type in purple squirrle!!!!!


message 36: by [deleted user] (new)



that is funny. I probably would have told her off anyways and then got in trouble. i dont get in trouble that much either but i still get in a couple of fights, but i do not start them, the other person does. calling a teacher a retard will definetly get you in trouble. but if your lucky they wont call your parents, if your not lucky you better start crying.


message 37: by Laurena (new)

Laurena My dream is to become a writer, and in fact, I am in the middle of writing a few novels. I am always full of ideas, that I could transfer into a story, and during the day, I am always narrating what goes on in my life. I choose to write descriptively, and word my writing in a way that I can 'see' what is happening in the story. Usually, my writing takes place during any time I have that isn't already taken by reading. My characters are the most important part of my stories, in my opinion anyway. If a character isn't believable, then the story won't be believable, so I spend a lot of time on the character building part of my planning stage. Of course, a character is nothing without a story to be in, so in my spare time, I am constantly thinking of ways my story could go. Some things I plan to happen, end up disappearing completely, because something else pops into my mind, and makes me take my writing in a different direction. I absolutly love writing. I've won two contests for my writing (even if it was just on Goodreads).


message 38: by Aileen (new)

Aileen (MystykPhoenix) | 2 comments Writing, for me, is my form of escape. I always get this crazy plot bunny ideas and I want to share it with others somehow, so I write what I envision in my head. Sometimes I'll get inspired enough to finish a manuscript, other times I lose steam and just...well, abandon some of my work-in-progress stories, which is a shame, really, as I should be working on those. From time to time I try to go back to my numerous WIPs and see what I can salvage from it or whatnot.


message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

W.l. wrote: "

that is funny. I probably would have told her off anyways and then got in trouble. i dont get in trouble that much either but i still get in a couple of fights, but i do not start them, the oth..."


Ha ha... I never cry when I get in trouble though. i have only got in trouble with a teacher once and all I got was sielent lunch!


message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Cryptid wrote: "Yui wrote: "Cryptid wrote: "Yui wrote: "and then Lye?"
Wait! Why were you so sure Lye was older than me?
"

no, i wasn't...but i remember you or Lye telling me that Lye was older in another group....."

how many sisters are there? just you three?



message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

i never cry, not since i was in third grade. but it works on some of the teachers especially if they have kids. i hate silent lunches you cant talk to your friends and you have to be quiet.


message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Christy wrote: "Cryptid wrote: "Yui wrote: "Cryptid wrote: "Yui wrote: "and then Lye?"
Wait! Why were you so sure Lye was older than me?
"

no, i wasn't...but i remember you or Lye telling me that Lye was older in..."


Just me, Bellsbear, and Lye.




message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

ok. just wondered. it was really confusing me.


message 44: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (soursequence) | 1 comments i write because this blood has got to drip somewhere and no where better than a sheet a paper, a recording device of these times and the shit that got us here. i write because my heart stops beating and i stop feeling anything if i don't and then i forget how to, and that is the worst. i feel like i have something to say even if it is just for me to read over and over or just to rip up and throw away. something to get out, and i do....but it is never enough.


message 45: by Nadia (new)

Nadia (nadiabrown) | 3 comments I write because I believe it is my purpose. My goal before my book was published was to inspire and build up others through my writings. Our words have power, and I choose to use mine for good.


Sky *daughter of Hermes* (rlstone) | 1 comments I write because how ever I feel I just write about it. It takes me to another time period or just some magical land, were I can exspress myself.


back to top