Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Pride - SPOILERS LIKELY

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments AHH.. I just found Pride by Rachel Vincent at BN... I don't know what to read first.. this or Kitty... As soon as I finish it, I will post about it. so excited!!!!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) jeez I have to start buying books instead of waiting for booksfree to send them.

message 3: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Hmmm..I didn't even think to look to see if they put Pride out early, but BN is where I found the new Kitty book. Maybe I'm making another trip to the book store!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) just went to half.com they have Pride for $5.99 and Kitty for $3.99 but it's a pre-order

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Yeah.. I was so amazed to find it there. I was actually just looking for Kitty, and Men of the Otherworld (which I didn't find). But I was like OMG.. and then I had to read the back to make sure because my other books in that series I have on the kindle so I didn't know what the covers looked like.

Woo hoo.. so excited. I think I may have to read this book before Kitty. I need to know what happens with the trial!

message 6: by Kelley Anne (last edited Jan 24, 2009 03:58PM) (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Yeah! I am celebrating! I can't leave to go to the store for a couple more hours, so I looked on BN website, and it said that it was instock at the store by me. I called to verify, and it's in! This has been a good weekend for not having to wait for books! lol

Jess - if I had gotten both of them last night, I probably would have read Pride first too.

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I wonder what's going to happen to Faythe??? Is she really going to end up on trial.. and if she is, how would they end up punishing her?

Ahh, can't wait.

message 8: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments That and I want to know what is going to happen with her and Mark

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Oh yeah.. he was being such an ass in the last book.. He needs to get over his issues. Plus is she going to decide to leave and go back to finish school...

maybe she'll end up with a new guy.. which will spur on marc to get over his issues..

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Okay... I read this book and have finished it. I don't want to give anything away and I want to let people draw their own conclusions, but I was kinda disappointed with this book.

:( let me know what you think.

message 11: by Kelley Anne (last edited Jan 25, 2009 10:55AM) (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Actually, I really liked it. I mean, there wasn't as much action in this one as some of the others, but I think that Rachel Vincent did a great job of really showing the politics of the werecat community. Faythe seemed to really start to grow up in this book as well, and seemed to realize some of what she needs to do to earn the spot that she wants in the pride. I do wish that she had explored the relationship with Faythe and Marc a bit better. I wasn't ever really mad at him after the last book, even though I know that a lot of people were, because I could see where he was coming from. I could understand how upset and frustrated he was. I just wish that the two of them had discused what happened and what their future was.

Vincent also did a fantastic job of setting things up for the next book. I am really glad that I only have to wait until July for Prey to come out. If we had to wait a year, I might just go crazy!

Anyways, I loved this book, couldn't put it down! I had last night off of work, so I really should have let myself get some extra sleep, but instead I stayed up all night reading. I couldn't force myself to put it down to go to sleep! :)

message 12: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I read it all last night too.. I also couldn't put it down, but I felt so cheated!!! I was so upset about what happened with Marc. I just feel as though this book was just used to set up the next book and the ending just left me frustrated.

I agree that she definitely grew up in this book, and you can see how much she had grown up through all of her actions. She actually held her tongue and didn't say everything that came to her mind. And of course you saw her protective streak.

But I was just disappointed with the Marc-Faythe situation. I was so upset! lol. I hope what happened doesn't stay that way... because then I would stop reading the series!!

message 13: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments lol, there's no way that it could stay that way! At least, I certainly hope not! I got pretty upset at the ending too. I just felt so bad about how things turned out. But, that's part of why you can see that Faythe has started to grow up. Instead of negotiating some leway, she would have been tearing Malone's throat out!

message 14: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I was ready to cry Kelley! lol. I think that's what made me so upset. I had in my mind that everything was going to be worked out in this book... and that didn't really happen completeley. So I was like.. what the hell lol

Hopefully the next book there is more resolution... Or I will cry!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Ughh i finally got around to reading this book. For some reason i didn't see the growth in faythe that you two saw. She still got on my nerves and acted like a teen. I too am pissed that marc was exiled. i mean WTF when are she going to give the marc-Faythe relationship a break and just let them be. i like the introduction of the new tabby and the explanation on how she became one. i think Rachel should write a Novella for Jace and the new tabby ( can't remember her name at the moment). I can't wait to pick up Prey and read about what's going to happen to Faythe father. it looks to be a good read.

message 16: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 205 comments Jael wrote: "Ughh i finally got around to reading this book. For some reason i didn't see the growth in faythe that you two saw. She still got on my nerves and acted like a teen. I too am pissed that marc was e..."

I just started Prey, and I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised at how some issues in Pride are resolved when new ones arise in Prey.