Janet Tronstad - Dry Creek & Other Stories discussion

Making lemonade from a mistake in Dry Creek

Comments (showing 1-37 of 37) (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (last edited Aug 08, 2012 09:40AM) (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 1204 comments Mod
Oh, dear, I have a mistake in the latest Dry Creek book (Second Chance in Dry Creek, officially coming out in October, but now available to the LI book club). I have an extra Buck (he's Gracie's late husband). And he shouldn't be where he is!! It's actually quite unintentionally funny where he is. So, I'm going to have some kind of a contest for people who find the extra Buck. you know, the old 'when you get thrown a lemon, make lemonade' philosophy. Details will follow.

(UPDATE) -- THIS IS THE DEAL, FIND THE EXTRA BUCK IN 'SECOND CHANCE IN DRY CREEK' AND I WILL SEND YOU A BUCK. YOU WILL NEED TO SEND ME THE EXACT SENTENCE WHERE YOU FIND THE BUCK AND THE PAGE NUMBER. please do not post your answer in the Goodreads group here. Email me privately with your answer and your full name and address. You can send a private email by clicking on my picture and clicking on message.

That's it! I wish you all happy hunting!!

In the meantime, I don't have my author copies yet so can't send out free copies to you good friends. I am not even taking names yet. But stay tuned -- it won't be too long.

message 2: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 71 comments I love your attitude. What a great way to handle this. I am one of those silly people who look for mistakes. It happens a lot in all types of books. I look forward to this.

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 285 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Oh, dear, I have a mistake in the latest Dry Creek book (Second Chance in Dry Creek, officially coming out in October, but now available to the LI book club). I have an extra Buck (he's Gracie's l..."

How cute! You are popular enough to make this work for you! It will be fun!

message 4: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 607 comments I love your attitude also and this is a cool contest.

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 76 comments I just got my shipment today which includes Second Chance in Dry Creek. I will have to keep my eyes open for that extra Buck!

message 6: by Melissa (last edited Aug 07, 2012 06:59PM) (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 136 comments Im reading "Wildflower Bride in Dry Creek", love it!
and Im looking forward to reading Second Chance in Dry Creek - sounds like a great contest. =)

message 7: by Missy (new)

Missy Tippens (MissyTippens) | 4 comments What a great idea, Janet! And a great way to turned a mistake into something fun. :)

message 8: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments I was surprised to see you had another book coming out already Janet! Saw it on NetGalley yesterday. Best go add it on the blog :-)

message 9: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thanks, Missy!

I know, Judy, the books have come fast and furious this year. I really appreciate you keeping a list on your blog.

message 10: by Connie (new)

Connie | 21 comments Sounds fun! I can't wait to read the new book! :)

message 11: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Thanks, Missy!

I know, Judy, the books have come fast and furious this year. I really appreciate you keeping a list on your blog."

I got it all caught up. I just went through all the authors the other day to update and missed yours. Looking forward to Gracie's story.

message 12: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments well guess we all make mistakes and when you do - just go with the flow and have fun with it like you are doing. Looks like Laura will be big winner since she has the book already.
get to read it first and find Buck first....
do I sound jealous......I'm jealous.

message 13: by JanetTronstad (last edited Aug 08, 2012 02:46PM) (new)

Oh, Paula-O -- it's not just the first one to find the wayward Buck reference. Hopefully no one will post the answer here (but do it in a private Goodread message to me). That way everyone can play when they read the book.

message 14: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Oh, dear, I have a mistake in the latest Dry Creek book (Second Chance in Dry Creek, officially coming out in October, but now available to the LI book club). I have an extra Buck (he's Gracie's l..."

Well, shoot a mile! as my mom used to say. You mentioned this on our LIH authors loop, Janet, and now I can't play! And I look SO unattractive when I pout...
Kidding aside, I think this is great way to turn a negative into a positive--you go, girl! I love your attitude!

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (Jennafraugh) | 126 comments Lol awesome! Too bad I am in the process of moving and getting things ready for my new classroom! I will have to read it in Oct

message 16: by JanetTronstad (new)

It's never too late to play, Jennifer and Dorothy! Whenever you read the book, keep an eye for the Buck mistake and let me know when you've found it!! I'm telling everyone not to post the answer publically so people can play whenever they read the book.

message 17: by JanetTronstad (new)

Oh, and Dorothy -- sure you can play! I didn't mention the exact words or the page number on the LIH loop. That's what you need to play.

message 18: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (KathyEberly) | 218 comments Sounds like a fun challenge!

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 76 comments This will be a lot of fun. I promise not to share it on any public boards!

message 20: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thanks, Laura! I know you will laugh when you find the extra Buck!!

message 21: by Marion (new)

Marion Faith | 1 comments What a wonderful idea, Janet! I just read your wonderful article in the Romance Writers Report on what you wished you'd known about writing a series. Great advice, some of which I was already taking! :)

Love the contest idea, and I'll definitely be searching for the Buck who shouldn't be there, as will Mom. Speaking of whom, I bought her Wildflower Bride in Dry Creek for her birthday last month. She loved it! (I'm starting it soon!)

Thanks for writing such lovable characters & stories!

message 22: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thanks for stopping in here, Marion! I know you and your Mom are always up for a contest and I guarantee you will laugh when you solve this one!

I pray all is well with both of you.

message 23: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 285 comments Janet, Heartsong/Harlequin is accepting submissions, and from unpublished authors. Just a note that I read from Lynette E.

message 24: by JanetTronstad (new)

Yes, Mary, I understand that they are. Are you interested in submitting something? I will cheer you on.

message 25: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 285 comments I have contacted someone who will look at my work about October. I hope I have written enough by then to get her help. $50 for the first "looksie" critique/edit. Her name is Vonda Skelton. Do you know of her?

message 26: by JanetTronstad (new)

No, I don't, Mary. I know the editors at Love Inspired (and likely Heartsong) might also give you some suggestions for revision.

message 27: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 607 comments I have a friend submitting to heartsong and praying she will have a positive experience.

message 28: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments Janet, that is such idea!!! Whenever I get this book, I can't wait to read it and find the mistake! I find quite a few typos in many books I read. Perhaps that comes from being a college English major!

message 29: by JanetTronstad (new)

Valri -- mine will likely make you laugh out loud. It would have me if I wasn't cringing.

And, Ausjenny, let us know how your friend does with Heartsong.

message 30: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 285 comments Ausjenny, I would be interested in how your friend gets along, also, and any tips she shares! It has been so nice when some of the authors (and ACFW) share and help the newbies. Small world, huh?

message 31: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments I was typing on my new iPad and I guess I made a typo myself as I was rereading my last post! I meant to say, That was such a GREAT IDEA!!!!

message 32: by JanetTronstad (new)

LOL, Valri -- you see how it can happen!!

message 33: by JanetTronstad (new)

Wanda posted the answer here, but I emailed her privately and deleted the comment here so the rest of you can continue to look for the extra Buck when you get a chance to read the book.

message 34: by Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance (last edited Aug 16, 2012 05:20AM) (new)

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 76 comments I read Second Chance in Dry Creek yesterday. I really enjoyed it but I forgot to look for the extra Buck and didn't notice it. LOL I might have to read it again.

Oh by the way tonight is the Love Inspired Chat on eharlequin!! Hope to see everyone there

message 35: by Melody (new)

Melody | 304 comments Oooh look forward to that. It is such a game to me to find the typos in books I read. I find them all the time, so no worries on it being yours. I usually laugh and wonder why it's not my job since I'm good at it... ;)

message 36: by JanetTronstad (last edited Sep 29, 2012 08:57PM) (new)

Nathelle -- I'm going to keep your address and delete your note so that others can find the missing buck, too. I'm so glad you posted and like the Dry Creek series. Your buck will be in the mail soon! I wish there was a way to just take the answer out of your note and leave the rest of your wonderful comment.

message 37: by Nathelle (new)

Nathelle Gross | 1 comments I'm so happy to have the latest in the Dry Creek Series, and happy to have found the "mistake". I can always use an extra buck. ;) I love the whole series and have read it many times over and look forward to the next installment to see how Renee fares. Whatever happened to Glory's twin boys? Will they have a place in a future story? That would be asking a lot, I know, but it would be fun for "die-hard Dry Creekers" like me! Thanks so much for your wonderful stories!

Janet Tronstad - Dry Creek & Other Stories

unread topics | mark unread