twilight lovers! discussion

New Moon Movie > America Ferrera or America Young as Emily?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:44AM) (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
Add America Ferrera to the long list of actresses who are supposedly up for a role in the Twilight sequel New Moon.

Following in the footsteps of Vanessa Hudgens and Dakota Fanning, the 24-year-old Ugly Betty actress has reportedly auditioned for the movie. Ferrera tried out for the part of Emily Young, fiancée to Sam Uley and second cousin to Leah Clearwater.

“I got to audition for New Moon today! For the role of Emily,” Crazy Days and Nights quotes the outspoken actress and snappy dresser as saying. “The casting director, you fans of the book will be glad to know, has read the books and loves them. And you can tell. His direction was spot on for the character. I loved the books. I would so love to be in the movie!!!”

Seems like a perfectly reasonable match. After all, Ferrera has had experience interacting with monstrous characters before.

message 2: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments She does! Emily rocks! YAY AMERICA!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

yay!

message 4: by Madeline (new)

Madeline no offense to her, i mean i am not trying to be mean or ... i dont know the word, but i mean isn't she kinda ... big to be Emily?

message 5: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments Well ya... but she looks right.

message 6: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade I haven't seen any pics of her lately, so I wouldn't know :(

message 7: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments I think its gonna be on E News.

message 8: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (last edited Jan 24, 2009 04:33PM) (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments YEP!!! She is! YES!!!!!!!! Well they made it sound like that.

message 9: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

america ferrera Pictures, Images and Photos

message 10: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

America Ferrera Pictures, Images and Photos

message 11: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

america ferrera Pictures, Images and Photos

message 12: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Seems like she has lost a lot of weight but I still just don't picture her as Emily....

message 13: by Codi (new)

Codi sorry, but who is emily

message 14: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Sam's girl...America is 25 and Emily is only supposed to be like 19...and she is supposed to be extremely beautiful....plus America is Honduran not Native American... oh well just my opinion...

message 15: by Codi (new)

Codi she seems to be mexican? maybe... but i agree with u.... thanks

message 16: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (last edited Jan 24, 2009 05:26PM) (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments I hope she gets the part!

message 17: by Codi (new)

Codi she seems to be in her 20s, o well i dont care much.. new moon is my least favorite book except for the beginning and the end in italy : ) ahhhhhhhhh Great!~!!!!

message 18: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Her birthday is April 18,1984...and she is Honduran

message 19: by Evie (new)

Evie that would be awesome if america got the part, shes really pretty.

message 20: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

She's a great actress so I'm sure that she would do a good job.

message 21: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade Hmm, I just can't imagine her as Emily... but I don't know. She might be a great Emily! :D

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Shes a good actress so i guess she might end up surprising us...who knows???

message 23: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) she might do ok...

message 24: by Salma (new)

Salma Well- her looks won't matter much anyway- Emily's face is mauled, remember?

message 25: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) right

message 26: by Mccaul (new)

Mccaul (ryanmccaul) and america can pass for a quiloette (sp?)

message 27: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

heres something else...

America Young Auditions For Role of Emily

January 23, 2009 · Comments

in Casting, Emily Young

America Young as Emily in New Moon

America Young, who has had supporting roles in movies I’ve never heard of such as The Dead Undead, Point of Contact, and Ultimate Weapon, has auditioned for the role of Emily in New Moon, according to a post on the blog of (her?) entertainment lawyer–

Oh!!! And I got to audition for New Moon today! For the role of Emily. The casting director, you fans of the book will be glad to know, has read the books and loves them. And you can tell. His direction was spot on for the character. I loved the books. I would so love to be in the movie!!!

I’ve never heard of America Young, but if this picture is any indication, I think the part-Native American actress could be a good fit for Emily. What do you guys think?

message 28: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

message 29: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

message 30: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

message 31: by Rose (new)

Rose  | 35 comments neither of them are really what I had in mind... but... I donno... they might be able to make it work.

message 32: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

I know...I just expected her to be super beautiful even with the scars...

message 33: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Heres that post with the pics Kay!!!

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 156 comments yea, i didnt picture emily like that...at all

message 35: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Me either...=(

message 36: by Kay (last edited Feb 03, 2009 11:52AM) (new)

Kay | 83 comments Stephanie wrote: "Heres that post with the pics Kay!!!"

Thanks, Stephanie! Clearly, you have all bases covered.

message 37: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

I try...lol