Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > Tell Us About Your Favorite Interracial Couple

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch , Mod (last edited Jan 26, 2009 01:30PM) (new)

Arch  | 6530 comments Mod
I know that some people don't like spoilers and I don't think this thread will contain spoilers. If a question will give away important information, you can type spoiler. I know someone will have more than one, so you can answer the questions more than once, in a different reply.

Questions:

Hero:

Name?

Age?

Race?

Occupation?

Virgin?

Single parent?

Sassy?

Good bad boy?

Heroine:

Age?

Race?

Occupation?

Virgin?

Single parent?

What's the name of the book and author? Genre? Is the book part of a series?

When did the hero and heroine fall in love? Who fell in love first?

Are the hero and heroine a married couple?

Are there any romantic moments? Romantic quotes?

How is the love scenes? Leave to the imagination? Detailed?

Does the (unmarried) couple break up, if so, why?

In regards to the HEA.By the end of the book, Are there wedding bells coming soon or the couple never talked about getting married?

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (gatadelafuente) | 7305 comments Mod
Hero:

Name? Roger 'Sam' Starrett

Age? 20ish with story starts (27 I think)

Race? White

Occupation? Navy SEAL (thud)!

Virgin? Uh, no.

Single parent? By the time we get to Gone Too Far

Sassy? Oh, yes. He's quite the smart-aleck.

Good bad boy? Definitely

Heroine: Alyssa Locke

Age? 26 initially I think

Race? Biracial (Half white, half black)

Occupation? FBI SWAT team

Virgin? Almost (I think she had one other lover)

Single parent? (Nope)

What's the name of the book and author? Genre? Is the book part of a series? Gone Too Far by Suzanne Brockmann, Romantic Suspense, Part of Team 16 books. Their story starts in the first book, The Defiant Hero and continues.

When did the hero and heroine fall in love? Who fell in love first? About the third book in, Over The Edge

Are the hero and heroine a married couple? Eventually

Are there any romantic moments? Romantic quotes? Yes. I love when Sam says, "You belong to me. And I belong to you."

How is the love scenes? Leave to the imagination? Detailed? Pretty detailed but tasteful.

Does the (unmarried) couple break up, if so, why? Yes. Sam got another girl pregnant while they weren't together (they had had a couple of one night stands but weren't a couple)

In regards to the HEA.By the end of the book, Are their wedding bells coming soon or the couple never talked about getting married?
Talked about getting married at the end of Gone Too Far.

message 3: by Arch , Mod (last edited Jan 26, 2009 04:25PM) (new)

Danielle, I had a feeling that you were going to be talking about Sam and Alyssa. I left the questions open and didn't answer them. You know that I would have answered about Sam and Alyssa.

I believe that Sam is like 3 years older than Alyssa. According to my calculation, in Gone Too Far, Sam was 31 years old and Alyssa was in her late 20's. I say at least 28 years old. Then again, some women look at 25 years old as being late 20's. I don't think that Alyssa was younger than 28 years old. I could be wrong. But, still, Sam is older than Alyssa. I want him to be 3 years older.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (gatadelafuente) | 7305 comments Mod
I didn't remember their exact ages. I thought they were both in their twenties, but I certainly could be wrong.

message 5: by Arch , Mod (last edited Jan 27, 2009 07:59AM) (new)

They were in their twenties in Unsung Hero and Defiant Hero. This year, Sam will be 37 years old. Too old for me, but hey, I still love him. A buddy of mine always tell me that Alyssa will get me, because I'm in love with Sam.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Alyssa has to realize that a lot of women are in love with her man, yet he will never stray from her side.

message 7: by Arch , Mod (new)

So true Danielle. Sam isn't going anywhere, he's in love with Alyssa. His eyes only belongs to her. I wonder how Sam feels, when a man flirts with Alyssa.

I will not flirt with Sam, but hey, I love his bad boy clothing.

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I love Sam, but I know that his happiness is tied into being with Alyssa. So I want them to always be together.

message 9: by Arch , Mod (new)

LOL, Eugenia. I did ask a lot of question, huh. :)