Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

MGR [archived] > Pleasure Unbound-FEB-chap. 22-end discussions-week 4-NO SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
Start here.

message 2: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (last edited Feb 03, 2009 07:43AM) (new)

End of book QUESTION: Would you say that this demon-themed book was better/or worse/or perfect as is when compared to others with the same theme?

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 168 comments Hmm... As I mentioned in one of the threads, my experience with demon focused books is limited. However, I quite enjoyed this. I liked the different demon types introduced and the idea that some of them go "good" like how some humans go "bad". I think she's created a wonderful mythology and I'm psyched that the next two are being released in such quick succession, as I'll definitely be picking them up.

message 4: by Nichole (DirrtyH) (last edited Feb 05, 2009 06:56PM) (new)

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) K, done! What does everyone think?
I didn't think it was quite as great as everyone was making it seem, but I did like it a lot. I particularly liked Gem, and the whole thing with Kynan was really really great. I'm sucked into the series for them alone.

But I thought all the plot twists at the very end were a little much. Plot twists are great and all, but maybe let's just pick one or two...

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 168 comments Nichole, I'm with you in that I wasn't as enamored by it as much as others, and it certainly wasn't the best book I've read this month, but I did enjoy it. I'm definitely more interested in the other brothers than I was with E, so it will be good to read their stories. And I think I was drawn to the demon aspect of the world, as the bulk of what I read is vamp and were, although I've been reading/listening to a fair amount of fey of late as well. It's just a nice change of pace for me.

message 6: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

I like Larissa Ione's interpretation of demons. The world they inhabit is not so far fetched that she has to spend a lot of time introducing new demons. A sentence or two has your attention.

The relationship between E and Tayla was interesting and I liked reading their book. I am more than glad I decided to pick up this first book.