Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

Let's compare weather! > Sat. Jan. 24, 2009 - What YOUR weather?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Glens Falls, NY - Sat. Jan. 24, 2009
Temp at 3:12AM ... 36°F (2°C)

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 15 by 5pm.
West wind between 10 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around -6.
West wind between 6 and 9 mph becoming calm.

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4050 comments Last night it was 37 near midnight. I thought it would be warmer today than it was. Silly me!
The sun was shining and I thought, what a great day for walk, until I got out there, LOL.

message 3: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Yes, the temp dropped and there was wind. I saw the ribbons on our wind indicator (from the dollar store) blowing around wildly in our yard. They're just simple ribbons, but they're better than a windsock. You can see the ribbons blowing here:
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL25/9...
It's hanging from a clothesline. It originally had fins shaped like a hot air balloon above the ribbons, but the fins couldn't take the strong winds. Did I mention I like gadgets? LOL

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4050 comments That's a great idea. I hardly ever put on the weather channel, they fooled me too many times, LOL,
so I have no way of knowing how windy it is.

message 5: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Well... at least we had a little sunshine.

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4050 comments That was nice!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Ute Pass in Colorado was supposed to be 16 but this morning it was 9 degrees with powder fresh "snapping" dry snow that sparkled in the sunlight. There was also hoar frost on all the trees and bushes. When I went out the magpies saw me and yelled for dog food.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Loved seeing the ribbons and the beautiful fall color.

message 9: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Your scenery must be gorgeous in Colorado.

Our scenery is very colorful during the fall season in the North Country of NY.
Below is an album showing fall colors on Lake George: ====>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4050 comments Alice,
When I lived there, we had a rare phenomena once called 'rime ice'. Fog comes in at night and it freezes, giving everything a clear thin coat of ice. It was spectacular. And very glittery. The newspapers said it didn't happen often, I wonder if it happened again?