What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED!: Catholic priest Irish (?) funny novel series [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin | 3 comments I read a few humorous novels about a Catholic priest/vicar living in a village in England or Ireland many years ago. I think they were published in the 70's. The titles were all similar and I think included the word "Father..." They were very funny - all about this priest/vicar's experiences in a village in the UK. It's not the Father Brown detective/mystery novels. Does anyone please have any idea? Thanks, Justin.

message 2: by April Ann (last edited Jan 24, 2009 02:37PM) (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments Was it the Father Dowling mysteries? I believe there was a television series based on the books. I think it was an American character though.

message 3: by April Ann (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments I found The Last Stand of Father Felix by Leonard Wibberly, first published in 1974.

And, Father Goose by Champman Mortimer, first published in 1951.

message 4: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 146 comments What about Bless Me, Father by Neil Boyd - hilarious
goings on in the parish.

message 5: by Justin (new)

Justin | 3 comments Hi Brenda, yes that's it... :-) Wow, I'm delighted. Thank you so much... already had a look on Ebay and there are a few second-hand copies. You guys are great - thanks for all the help, it is much appreciated. Justin.

message 6: by Justin (new)

Justin | 3 comments SOLVED :-)

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Justin. I'll change the topic title and folder for you. :-) Thanks everybody!

message 8: by April Ann (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments Yippee!!

message 9: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 146 comments Glad to know I could be of help. As I recall, parts were " laugh out loud " funny..... Happy reading.