Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

Sookie Stackhouse Books > Sookie Audiobooks ROCK!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gena (new)

Gena I love the Sookie Audiobooks!!I am a huge fan and have read and reread the books. Recently my friend gave me several audiobooks and I really like them. If you are a fan check them out!

message 2: by Shay (new)

Shay (shazelwoo) | 12 comments ooooo... good to know my library had them but I thought they might sound cheesy. I have a long commute to work so I always have an audio book. right now I have the host (stefanie meyers). that book is a decent audio too , though you have to give it a fair chance. I wasn't that into it til disc 3.

message 3: by Gena (new)

Gena I think the actor/reader does a great job with all the accents. The only parts that are hard to listen to (high cheese factor) are the sexy scenes.
I will check out The Host audiobooks. The Twilight audiobooks have gotten such negative reviews that I have avoided them. Thanks for your response!

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) I have used the Twilight series and the Sookie books on my iPod for when I work out. Makes the time go fast. I get them from the library. I am on hold for a few of the Sookie books.

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiebowen) I'll have to look for the sookie audio books, I like to listen while I clean.

The Twilight series didn't bother me but I couldn't listen to the woman reading The Host without laughing.

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
I'll have to check these out too!

message 7: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 68 comments I'm a HUGE audio book fan, because with my job I can listen to headphones while I work. So I listen to books the whole time. I really like the Sookie ones, and the Twilight books. I had a really hard time though listening to The Host. Don't get me wrong, I love the book, but I hate the woman that reads it! Another great series to listen to are the Highlander books by Karen Marie Moning! The guy that reads them does an amazing job!

message 8: by Gena (new)

Gena Thanks for all the great audio book recommendations! Keep them coming. Audio books make cleaning-- and other tasks so much more pleasant.

message 9: by Shay (new)

Shay (shazelwoo) | 12 comments secret life of bees is a good audio too, I don't mind th lady who reads The Host, but I am getting bored! It is dragging again now and I am annoyed by the fact that the main character is such a coward at times. I am to far gone to turn back now though I can only hope it is worth it. I am getting the Sookie audios next though :P

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 24 comments I listened to Inkheart on audio....read by one of the Redgrave sisters. It was great except for the voices she used for a few of the men. They kind of creeped me out.

message 11: by Kim (new)

Kim | 7 comments I think she got Sookie down to a T. Some of the male voices where strange like Sams. I wonder how if they used other voice too would it come out different. With her reading all voices it come out smooth-no pauses.

message 12: by Shay (new)

Shay (shazelwoo) | 12 comments Listening to From Dead to Worse right now I kinda like it!

message 13: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) I've been listening to Dead to the World while walking the treadmill lately. I am almost done with that one. I am on hold for a few at the library. I put them onto my iTunes, so I can listen to them later while working out.

message 14: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (supermomx3) I love the narrator for the Sookie series!

message 15: by Angie (new)

Angie | 2 comments currently listening to all together dead!

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelsessum) I have never thought of using audio books when I work out! I don't know why. I usually give up on reading though and end up just getting glassy eyed while I daydream. I can read anywhere, but for some reason I have a hard time doing it while doing cardio.

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelsessum) Excellent, I just discovered that my library has a downloadable audio file of the books, so I can import it right into my ipod!

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura (thatlibrarianlady) I really love the audiobooks. I never listened to a whole book on them, but I often go back and forth between a real book and an audiobook because I can multitask a little when I'm listening to a book rather than reading it. I listened to a lot of From Dead to Worse.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) I use to listen to audiobooks while i worked at the local library.

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelsessum) I have already read the whole series. I don't think I would use them to listen to a book that I have never read, just because I have a hard time processing auditory information, so it is easier if I already know the story. My memory can fill in all of the holes when I am listening.

message 21: by Tim (new)

Tim | 16 comments which book are they on for the audio books?

message 22: by Gena (new)

Gena All of them! :)

message 23: by Tim (new)

Tim | 16 comments Gena wrote: "All of them! :)"

wow even a touch of Death?

I wanna hear CLaudine's voice *drools*

message 24: by Gena (new)

Gena It's on audible.com and amazon.com. . .

message 25: by Jo (new)

Jo (JoLelaK) | 3 comments I have never read the books, I listened to all of them on audio, pretty much one after another. They are great.

message 26: by Gena (new)

Gena It's funny 'cos on itunes they have very bad reviews. I really love em.

message 27: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) I listened to every one of them on audio. I've yet to actually read one. I love the woman who narrates. She sounds just like I think Sookie would sound and I get lots more 'reading' done by listening 'cuz I can do it no matter what else I'm doing. Love, love, love it.

message 28: by Kate (new)

Kate (kshiv) | 51 comments I will definately check out the Sookie on audio. I like to listen on my ipod dock while I cook dinner or fold laundry. the Harry Potter books on audio are really good.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Host (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Karen Marie Moning (other topics)