What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. collection of horror/creepy stories & 1 involves body parts in dumpsters

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lilias (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:19PM) (new)

Lilias A little more than 10 years ago I listened to this book on tape. I'm pretty sure it was a collection of creepy stories, but I can only remember pieces (haha) from one of the stories.

The main character is a geeky boy in high school who finally gets to makeout with the girl of his dreams in a car. It gets kind of steamy.

But they end up at some sort of industrial complex (like a recycling plant? Or garbage processing place? I can't remember), and they find an ally way with many dumpsters. Each dumpster is filled with body parts: eyes in one dumpster, hands in another, and breasts in another, etc. And the reader/listener pretty much assumes that this is the fate of the main character and his girl.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'd like to know what the book is because I remember thinking that some of the stories were quite effective.

message 2: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (kimirons) | 6 comments This sounds like it could be Skinners by John Gordon, but this may just be because i'm on a point horror revival at the moment. In Skinners the character Donald discovers a cult which involves the reanimation of severed limbs, but i'm fairly certain there is a female interest as i seem to remember her ankle being gripped by a severed hand. It's part of the point horror unleashed collection.

message 3: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 451 comments Lilias, do you think this book Kimberley suggested could be the right one? Please let us know.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Both posts are too old. Abandoned folder. But please do let us know. The thread can still accept new posts, and if we get confirmation about the book being correct, we will shelve the book and move this thread to it's proper solved folder. Thanks, Needleroozer for all your work on these old posts.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments I realize it's not quite 2 years since the last post (05/10) but it's been much longer since the original request, and they haven't come back to post at all for over 4 years.