The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Salve

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aparna (new)

Aparna (whollycrusader) | 8 comments Hi, everyone! I'm not technically "new" to goodreads. I joined months ago but have only realized the full amazingness of the site recently. Is it bad that I keep updating my book status and trolling for books to add to my "to read" list during work? :-)

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather (hsditto) Hi Aparna! No, it's not bad at all...In fact, it is completely normal and to be expected. Goodreads is extremely addicting, and being a part of this group takes that addiction to a whole new level!!! So, welcome! And rest assured, you are in good company.

message 3: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Aparna, Welcome to the group!!!!

message 4: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Welcome Aparna, I think it shows you are or becoming completely part of this great group. I wish I had my screen to a window ar work and not to the path everyone passes!!!!!

message 5: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Aparna, welcome to the group and happy reading!

is that Salve as in Greetings in Italian? or a soothing balm?

message 6: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments I was wondering it too..

message 7: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Hello and Welcome

message 8: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (jozanny) Aparna wrote: "Hi, everyone! I'm not technically "new" to goodreads. I joined months ago but have only realized the full amazingness of the site recently. Is it bad that I keep updating my book status and trollin..."

I don't know, but this is the curse upon me for not putting my working hours in as a writer: "I know I've read more than 150 books..." then my head starts churning and I have to surf in and add more titles!

I was always a lazy author, even when I was really producing, but this loaner wheelchair causes me discomfort, so even if I do not want to query until my apartment remake is over, it is still difficult to sit down and do five hundred words when what I am sitting on is a blasted nuisance. (sigh) I hope I have a new chair by August, but yeah, GR is its own source of fascination .

message 9: by Leah (new)

Leah (ling_ling) | 226 comments Aparna wrote: "Hi, everyone! I'm not technically "new" to goodreads. I joined months ago but have only realized the full amazingness of the site recently. Is it bad that I keep updating my book status and trollin..."

Parnie! I do that too..

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Aparna wrote: "Hi, everyone! I'm not technically "new" to goodreads. I joined months ago but have only realized the full amazingness of the site recently. Is it bad that I keep updating my book status and trollin..."

Welcome to the group. Don't feel bad I'm on here 9-5 on weekdays doing the same thing as you. :-)

message 11: by Aparna (new)

Aparna (whollycrusader) | 8 comments I was referring to soothing balm, but greetings in Italian/Latin is way more apropos. :-)

Hayes wrote: "Hi Aparna, welcome to the group and happy reading!

is that Salve as in Greetings in Italian? or a soothing balm?

"

message 12: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 9857 comments Mod
Aparna, oh the joys having internet access at work huh???? Welcome to the group, and keep trolling for books... Its a great pasttime and wayyyy addictive!

message 13: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) A book is as good as a soothing balm many times, and also a great way to greet people, so salve and salve!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

hello & welcome!