What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Anaconda
This topic is about Anaconda
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Hobo/Jesus, parking garage [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 143 comments small book about 4" x 6" in soft cover. About a guy who's a hobo but goes under a parking garage gate and turns out to be Jesus on the cross (or the reader is supposed to think it could be Jesus). Does anyone know the title? I read it in early 1980's so it was likely first published in the 70's. That's all I know. Thanks everyone......

message 2: by April Ann (last edited Jan 26, 2009 10:03AM) (new)

April Ann (Bloomer) | 516 comments I found A Creed for the Third Millenneum by Colleen McCullough that fits, kinda... published in 1985.

"Tomorrow's America is a cold and ravaged place, a nation devastated by despair and enduring winter. In a small New England city, senior government official Dr. Judith Carriol finds the man she has been seeking: a deliverer of hope in a hopeless time who can revive the dreams of a shattered people; a magnetic, compassionate idealist whom Judith can mold, manipulate and carry to undreamed-of heights; a healer who must ultimately face damnation through the destructive power of love." A Creed for the Third Millennium by Colleen McCullough

message 3: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 143 comments April Ann wrote: "I found A Creed for the Third Millenneum by Colleen McCullough that fits, kinda... published in 1985.

"Tomorrow's America is a cold and ravaged place, a nation devastated by despair and enduring w..."

message 4: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 143 comments April Ann: Thanks for the reply ... it's not my book but definitely sounds similar, I'm pretty sure the book I'm tinking of was by a male author....

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 143 comments and it may have been christian themed....

message 6: by Wayne (last edited Apr 07, 2009 07:22PM) (new)

Wayne | 33 comments April Ann wrote: "I found A Creed for the Third Millenneum by Colleen McCullough that fits, kinda... published in 1985.

"Tomorrow's America is a cold and ravaged place, a nation devastated by despair and enduring w..."

I read that book. The main character isn't a hobo. He actually owns a house. I believe he hobos once in the book and thats towards the end of the story. All the rest of the story he's shipped around on the Government's dime.

message 7: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 143 comments It's not Christian themed (according to some one who also read it but can't remember the title). The guy turning out to maybe be Jesus is a big surprise at the end of the book. And the guy is not a hobo, just an average joe. The cover of the book was beige and blue. Does this sound familiar anyone?? I know it's not much to go on......

message 8: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 21822 comments Mod
Duplicate request here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I'm going to close this one....

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.