Arthuriana -- all things King Arthur ! discussion

The Arthuriana Group Round Table > Merlin's Prophecy Wins Award

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SarahC (new)

SarahC (sarahcarmack) | 188 comments Mod
Arthuriana group member Dee Marie's novel, Merlin's Prophecy, has just been awarded the Gold Star Award for Excellence by TeensReadToo. Read more about her novel here
http://www.teensreadtoo.com/HallOfFam...

Dee's novel is not a young adult novel, but this award proves that it has been embraced by the teen audience as well as adults.

Merlin's Prophecy is Book 1 in the Sons of Avalon series.

Congratulations Dee!

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 61 comments Blushing :]

Thank you so much Sarah for mentioning the award. It was so exciting and unexpected, as the site does not give out many Gold Star Awards. It was a humbling experience.

Like you made note...it just proves that the Arthurian Legends are loved by all...young and old :)

Go Team Merlin :)

Dee Marie

message 3: by Bob (new)

Bob | 37 comments Mod
That is excellent Dee!! Congratulations! Your series is on my "next to read" list. I can't wait to have a group discussion! We won't have to ask "Gee, what was the author thinking?" :P

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 61 comments LOL too funny Bob...

I have no doubt that there will be tons of "What the Frail was the author thinking?"

But, at least the author will be here to answer that question, unlike our poor Cornwell :)
We should drop him a note and see if he can join in the discussion.

All teasing aside, thank you so much for the well wishes. You, the Arthurian reader, is the main reason I wrote the novel...you are my audience.

It shall be a humbling and exciting experience to have a group read and discuss Merlin's tale.

message 5: by Lynne (new)

Lynne (lmsindel) | 7 comments Can't wait to get to your series, Dee. I am reading Mr. Cornwell's The Archer's Tale right now, and it has really grabbed me.

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 61 comments Hi Lynne,

Thank you so much for your interest in Sons of Avalon: Merlin's Prophecy.

I too enjoyed Bernard Cornwell's novels.

Wishing you a great weekend,
Dee Marie