Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Horror > Lost Boys

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (bella) I love this movie. I haven't seen the second one, but i want to! The acting was great, and i loved the filming, too!

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 85 comments One of my all time faves!!!

message 3: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10503 comments there's a "second one"? i didn't know. i liked the original when it came out back in the day - it's been decades since i watched it though....

message 4: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 254 comments ooh I wanted to see this movie isnt Kieffer Sutherland a vampire in this?

message 5: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10503 comments yep.

message 6: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 254 comments awesome did you like it?

message 7: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10503 comments i remember liking it when it came out. i'm not sure how well it holds up.

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (bella) Pillip, the "second one" you're talking about I think is called "The Tribe"... it looks really cool. i was a BIG fan of the 1st one, so if the Tribe isn't good,i will be upset about it. :)

message 9: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10503 comments hey miranda,

so, is the tribe out in theaters or dvd? i haven't heard of it.

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (bella) Yeah it's out in movies, wait i actually think that it's just out in DVD... i saw it at wal-mart a long time ago! It's about these teens, their mother died and they're sent to live with their aunt. So the guy meets, Shane Powers (played by Angus Sutherland), who then invites him to a surf party. Yeah so there he finds out about Vampires... here's a link for you... well actually i just went to Wikipedia and typed in Lost Boys The Tribe... pretty easy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Boys_2

(PS- sorry i spelled your name wrong, Phillip)

message 11: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10503 comments miranda, thanks for the info.

no worries about "pillip" some of my friends actually pronounce my name that way sometimes (in a playful way).

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (bella) LOL, you're welcome!

message 13: by Faith (last edited Jan 31, 2009 06:59PM) (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 81 comments i love lost boys! i love the music, the main guy is hot, it's such a powerful teenage angst sort of movie! so much power without consequence...fun and exciting! plus the good guys win! one of the BEST last lines in a movie!

i have seen the tribe....rented it for a dollar. it is NOT as good lost boys. it introduces a lot of new characters. there is only one from the original and his character always was a little abrasive. if you look at the blueprint for the first movie the tribe sticks to that plot premise. but it just doesn't work as well. it is not a horrible movie but DON'T watch it with a hope that it will in any way be as good as the first movie. just watch it for what it is.

but when you get to the end of the film don't turn it off....a VERY interesting twist emerges in a scene with another original cast member!

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (bella) kewl, i really want to see it. BTW do you know who does that song (sorry i don't exactly know the words it's hard to make them out, but ill give it my best... no laughing! LOL!) "Come shall my heart..." LOL! It has like soft music and it's a girl singer. I think it's the main song and it's in the commercial for The Tribe. I just really like it, and want to get it!

message 15: by Holli (new)

Holli Lost Boys is one of my all time favorites..it was "the" cool movie when it first came out. I spent alot of time in Santa Cruz, CA (where this was filmed) and so was there during alot of their Boardwalk filming. My brother and cousins and I would try to sneak up and watch...it was fun! The movie always brings back those good memories.......

message 16: by Salma (new)

Salma I love this movie too- but one thing I never understood- why is Jim Morrison's poster behind him when Jason Patric drinks the blood?

Also- Jason's the sexiest man alive (or was, back in the 80s), but his personality in the movie annoyed me. Too brooding. I thought the Corys made the movie fun.

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (bella) Holli said... I spent alot of time in Santa Cruz, CA (where this was filmed) and so was there during alot of their Boardwalk filming. My brother and cousins and I would try to sneak up and watch...it was fun!

Wow, You're like totally lucky!

message 18: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 85 comments I love Santa Cruz its my all time fave place in California!

message 19: by Holli (new)

Holli I was born and raised in CA and spent many summers in Santa Cruz...very good memories of that boardwalk and the beach life there. Fun!!

message 20: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) I remember job searching when this movie was out and I'd sometimes just throw in the towel and go sit in the theater for a back-to-back viewing of TLB. I loved it!

The mom and grandpa were my favorite characters. I loved the grandfather's house.

OK, I'll admit that I was surprised at who the head vampire was. I guess I should have seen it a mile away but I didn't.

I owned the soundtrack and played it all the time. Miranda, you might be thinking of "Cry Little Children," the Lost Boys theme. Here is the chorus which sounds like what you posted:

Cry, little sister - Thou shall not fall
Come to your brother - Thou shall not die
Unchain me, sister - Thou shall not fear
Love is with your brother - Thou shall not kill

message 21: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) Holli,
Any vampires?

message 22: by Holli (new)

Holli LOL...nope none that I saw Jim ;)

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (bella) Hey thanks Tressa! You're correct! See, I'm SOOO not the worlds best person when it comes to lyrics... lol!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

no offense to anyone, but i saw it the other week, and didnt really like it... lol, i think my dad showed it to try to freak me out or whatever, but it didnt really work out... right after we finished watching it, i started googling jack the ripper, lol

message 25: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) Nothing worse than a depressed vampire!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

lol! nah, i think an angry one is worse...

message 27: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) That's true!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

hehe

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

or an insane one...

message 30: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta At the time the LOST BOYS came out, it was great! It was funny and scary and sexy (PG sort of way - I believe it was rated R). The music was very good. I had the soundtrack up until just a couple of years ago. Not even really my "type" of music, but still very enjoyable.

I was 16 when it came out so could appreciate the Coreys just as much as the vampires - it was a total teen-girl lust-fest!

I haven't seen the movie in years, but I am guessing I would still thoroughly enjoy it, although it may be more for nostalgic reasons than anything else.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

wait... it was rated R???!!!

message 32: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta Pretty sure it was.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

o crap, i just checked, it is... lol

message 34: by Katy-Del (new)

Katy-Del Jim wrote: "Holli,
Any vampires?"

No, but there was a period in the '80s when the FBI thought there were 3 different seriel killers in the area. People really were disappearing a lot. So much that the public was told to only go places in groups of 3 or more. 2 people weren't considered safe enough.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

wow