Go Green 2009 discussion

Inconvenent Truth

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

have any of you seen an inconvenint truth by Al Gore (I probably didn't spell that right sorry!)

message 2: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) no i havent. whats it about?

message 3: by Lynny (new)

Lynny (Lynnyo4) | 17 comments Mod
O.M.G. YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT LEXI?!?!?! INTERVENTION! YOU MUST SEE IT! it is about global warming. It will change your life. I guarantee it. Watch it NOW. :D Or when you have time! JUST SEE IT!

message 4: by Lynny (new)

I respect him IMMENSELY. If it weren't for him, I would definitely not know anything about the Climate Crisis. He is an amazing man.It's a real shame that he never became our president (cough cough it was rigged cough cough) And so what if he flies a private jet. This is ONE MAN we're talking about. He is trying to pull us all together to make a difference in this world. And just because he flies in a high class private jet, does NOT mean that you should lose respect for him. He is going to change the world, whether he rides in a PRIVATE jet or not.

message 5: by Lynny (new)

Ok, I didn't mean THIS election (I LOOOVE OBAMA!) I meant the one that Bush won! That was soo rigged, the Bush administration went in and changed the votes in Florida.
This election was most definitely not rigged. This is the first honest election the USA has seen in eight years. Check your facts hun!

message 6: by Lynny (new)

I was six too! :D I just learned of this unfortunate history in the last 4 years.

message 7: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) k lynny i'll watch it asap!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

you should its really really good

message 9: by Lynny (new)

:) but we can do something to change what others before us caused. That's why we all joined this group isn't it? we want to MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm a rainforest girl majorly!

message 11: by erinbobarin94 (new)

erinbobarin94 wow, i havent seen it either... but i think i get the gist... we should all make petitions 4 authors 2 print their books on recycled paper or something!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

that's a good idea....no a really good idea...we should do that!

message 13: by erinbobarin94 (new)

erinbobarin94 yeah, i think in 6th grade my class actually did that, lol. we should write more!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah totally!

message 15: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) great idea erin!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah, i'm taking Campus Sustainability (physics and eco stuff in disguise) as a eclective, and we just watched the Inconvenient Truth. we watched it over 2 days, and we all got depressed. but it's a good movie, and tells a scary story. if you live on the coast of florida, you're sunk. really, anywhere on the coast, you're sunk. and let's not forget, JAPAN, home to all awe inspiring mangakas, like Arina Tanemura. JAPAN WILL BE GONE!!!! we really need to stop this crisis!!!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

exactly! we gotta stop this.

(on a less happy note: even if we completly shut down all carbon usage, it will take 1000 years for the planet to heal.)

but still, i want to live to a old age, and not doom the next generation to (early) death!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I watched THE DAY AFTER TOMMORROW for school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were all like, we're going to die...anyone ever seen that?

I liked it but it was scary...

message 19: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) i got 2 c the trailer for it in science class...it looks really good!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I watched it...it's good but it creeped me out...

message 21: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) it did look intense

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, totally...

message 23: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) lol

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

My heart was thumping hard...their were tornadoes killing people in LA...ok? And in new York their was a hurricane!

message 25: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) wooooow thats crazy

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah but amazing special effects if you know wat I mean lol

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

sounds cool but scary at the same time

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah, it gave me the creeps

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Alexandra wrote: "ok, I don't mean to be a downer, but you do know that Al Gore flys on his PRIVATE jet to lecture other people on their wasteful energy habits? I mean, come on. sure, its a problem. but I don't resp..."

EXCELLLENT POINT! and so does all that Hollywood crowd who pretend to care so much!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I hear there is a movie everyone should watch also called The Tomato Effect. Its about what happens to Dr's who don't go along with big business.