The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > hi all!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen | 53 comments hi my name is gretchen and i just started getting back into reading now that my son finally is old enough not to need me as much...
so if you have any good reading seggestions let me know. im interested in most all types of books... mostly fictional novels. i like stories that get me super intersted. i just finished the host and 1984 (for the second time). and im now startinf Lucky by Alice sebold.

message 3: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I loved the Host! I hope she continues. I have read a few by Sebold, and really like them too. Not a lot seems to happen in her books, more of "year in the life" kind of thing. 1984, of course, that's great! Welcome.

message 4: by Hayes (last edited Jan 24, 2009 08:03AM) (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Gretchen. Welcome to the group and welcome back to reading. I too am just getting back into reading after a long hiatus (health, family, work...); the choices are daunting, but jump right in, check out the threads and there will be a million new things to read before you can say "wait til I finish the chapter and then I'll answer the question..."!

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments Welcome, Gretchen!

message 6: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen | 53 comments thanks ladies!

message 7: by Leanne (new)

Leanne (Leanne1986) | 500 comments Hi Gretchen :)

message 8: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 9861 comments Mod
Gretchen,
Isnt great when the kids get old enough to fend for themselves for a bit..... reading is such a great de-stresser for me.... I dont know what I would do without it!

Thanks for joining!

message 9: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen | 53 comments Lori wrote: "Gretchen,
Isnt great when the kids get old enough to fend for themselves for a bit..... reading is such a great de-stresser for me.... I dont know what I would do without it!

Thanks for joining!"

thats the truth i read a lot now while he has his little friend over they play in the living room with me right there reading... its so nice but nap and bed times are the best lol!

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather (hsditto) Hi Gretchen! Welcome to a highly addictive, totally fun group! I bet it feels great to be back reading again...I have 2 boys, 2 yrs and 8 yrs, and I completely understand looking forward to naps and bedtime! I so look forward to the evenings after we get the boys down to bed. It's my sacred time of the day when I can finally curl up on the couch with my cozy heated blanket, a cup of coffee, a little something sweet to eat, and my book...ahhhh, heaven!!!

I look forward to seeing you around the discussions! :)

message 11: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Welcome Gretchen

message 12: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 253 comments Hi Gretchen!

message 13: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Gretchen, Welcome to the group!!!

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (silversreviews) Hello:

I am Elizabeth.

Nice to be here.

message 15: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Welcome Gretchen and Elizabeth!

message 16: by Petra-X (new)

Petra-X (mona-lisa-with-eggs) Hi there Gretchen, welcome.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group Gretchen!