TV We've Just Watched discussion

Cult Series > Veronica Mars

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) | 105 comments I miss my Veronica Mars!!!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) oh i read that they may be making it into a movie.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I own the three seasons on dvd and I watch them often. I love all the little details. So genius! I love that her dog's name is backup! I've heard that about a movie too, but not seen anything new on it in a long time.

message 4: by Trudy (last edited Jan 26, 2009 01:31PM) (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) | 105 comments A MOVIE - SWEET!!!! I will be first (if not only) in line for tickets - lol!!!

Yeah - backup was awesome! One of my favorite relationoships was her and Weevil... too funny!

message 5: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (rmichit) I saw a crawl on E! last night about the possibility of a Veronica Mars movie!!! If it's on E it must be true, right? lol
I'm souped if it's true!

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) I have lent out this series on DVD to at least 5 people and they have all loved it. No one has ever heard of it. p.s. the sound track is excellent as well.

message 7: by Alice (new)

Alice I have been a HUGE fan since day one. I own all 3 seasons on DVD and it's one that I go back to time and time again.

message 8: by Kellyflower (last edited Jan 02, 2011 02:48PM) (new)

Kellyflower | 133 comments I'm watching this series thru NetFlix and I can't get enough of it. Now I'm trying to get everyone I know to watch it too.
The interaction between Veronica and her father is one of the things that I really like about it.

I'm currently on season 2 episode 18

message 9: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I loved VM. And her relationship with her dad was awesome! I loved the way they referenced old movies.

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan (itsmegan) I MISS VERICONA MARS! Why the eff did they get cancel it?

message 11: by Kellyflower (new)

Kellyflower | 133 comments WOW!
what happen to the writing in season 3? I'm on episode 8 and I'm very disappointed, maybe I should have stopped watching it at the end of season 2.
I'm beginning to dislike Veronica, a lot. How many times does her father have to give up being happy? and how about how she's acting toward Logan because he hired a "body guard".(I mean really Veronica, Boo-frickin-who.)

message 12: by Kellyflower (last edited Jan 22, 2011 07:51PM) (new)

Kellyflower | 133 comments I finished up all of Veronica Mars, I didn't care for the ending.
* On a weird little side note, I just watched the first two episodes of Party Down and a lot of actors from Veronica Mars were on them.

**It seems like everyone that ever played on VM is now doing a spot on Party.

message 13: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I tried watching Party Down and couldn't get into it.

message 14: by Jackie (last edited Aug 25, 2013 09:37AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I decided to start VM now that a movie is possibly on the horizon. The WB had the first episode on it's site, and then I had a hard time finding more episodes online. I found a place but it was a PITA so now I have to wait for my library to get it from another library. The problem with renting it from the library is that I only get one week to watch it all!

I did like the beginning enough to want to see more. Seems like a few mysteries right off. Now I just have to wait......unless someone knows of an easy way to watch online?

message 15: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I think Netflix has the DVDs. I want to say that is how I watched the show a few years back. I have the streaming only plan now but VM is not available that way.

message 16: by Jackie (last edited Aug 29, 2013 01:13PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments One of my soaps cut out early yesterday so I went to Soapnet to record it later and guess who's on right before it? Yes! Right from the Pilot episode, so I started recording it. I don't think VM is a soap and have no idea why it's there but I'm glad that it is. Now I don't have to deal with the limited time with the library's DVDs.

So I watched some eps, and I am completely taken in, so many things going on, the daily PI stuff, sure, but I mean all the other stuff, Lily's murder, Veronica's mother, Duncan's illness, Veronica's paternity in question, there's a lot of mysteries here! I am loving it. And I'm seeing a lot of young faces from other shows that have since aired. Very cool.

message 17: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I may have to watch the series again. Sooo enjoyable!

message 18: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I just watched the movie. It was classic Veronica all the way though I am not happy about some of the wrap up in the ending.

message 19: by Jackie (last edited Jun 14, 2014 08:23PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments What didn't you like? I loved it. (view spoiler)

message 20: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments (view spoiler)

Though it was cool the end was sort of open should they be able reboot the show.

message 21: by Jackie (last edited Jun 16, 2014 09:05AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I liked Piz too but I never felt his was right for Veronica, too safe, that's not her style.
OK on Jag, but it did like that Logan was finally doing something responsible and routined, that he was finally growing up.
I forgot about Weivel and can't remember what I thought.

message 22: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Yes I was glad loan was growing up to.