Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

Let's compare weather! > Fri. Jan. 23, 2009 - What's YOUR weather?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Glens Falls NY - Fri. Jan. 23, 2009
Current temp at 12:45 PM .... 31°F (-1°C)

This Afternoon: A slight chance of snow showers after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 36. South wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tonight: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind between 9 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 6310 comments We're well up in the 40's today. Heat wave & LOVING it!!!

message 3: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Jan 23, 2009 12:03PM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments LOL - Don't rub it in, Jim! LOLOL

At least some of our icicles are melting. We have some long ones hanging off our roof.

Our current temp here in Glens Falls at 3:00PM is: 37°F (3°C).
Our temp isn't too different from yours after all! :)

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 6310 comments Rub-a-dub! We're supposed to have it nice tomorrow, but Sunday - Tuesday is supposed to be ice. Yuck. I hate ice.

One year, we had such a bad ice storm that the horses got stuck out in the field. We had to cart hay & water out to them on sleds. The ice was too thick for them to walk down to the barn. What a mess. I was crawling on my hands & knees with a toboggan with water buckets on it. Marg & the kids were crawling along pushing bales of hay. They were stuck for 2 or 3 days. It was a long few days for all of us.

message 5: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments OMG! The poor horses. Hope they appreciated what you did for them.