Gather Yourselves Together discussion

January > Chapter 14-21 discussion: Snow Crash

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicolle (last edited Jan 23, 2009 09:46AM) (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments This virus/disease/religion is perculiar. I like Raven - i can imagine what he looks like on his bike. He is quite a vicious charachter what with killing numerous people.
Nice plan for his bomb to blow up if he dies.

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca | 160 comments My question with Raven and his bomb blowing up is this, When he gets old and is about to die of old age is he going to take the device out of his brain so it doesn't blow up even though no one killed him.
Kuddos to Raven for thinking of a good way to stay alive and be protected by a lot of people whom would other wise not give you the time of day.

message 3: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle | 49 comments Hmmm tricky question, i think he dosen't really care about others so he'll just let it go off.

message 4: by Erich (new)

Erich Franz Linner-Guzmann (erichfranzlinnerguzmann) | 81 comments This is if you were wondering what Raven looks like!
Photobucket
The only thing he is missing is "POOR IMPULSE CONTROL" tattooed on his forehead! They say he is 100% organic but secretly this is what is underneath his coat! How else could he slit someone like a salmon, amputate limbs and take on an entire crew of crips?

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 58 comments Raven really creeps me out, and I think it's because he seems like one of those indestructible characters that has absolutely no conscience...doesn't care who he hurts/kills/etc. I like my villians to be killable, dang it!

message 6: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 1 comments where did you find that picture? I'm assuming it's an actual person of Raven's tribe (the name of which I JUST forgot, damn), or unless they made a movie. . . ?

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 194 comments Mod
I believe it is a character from the movie "Once Upon A time In Mexico". It really is a good visual representation of what I think he would look like.

I wish they would make a movie out of this, and I know it's been approached, but I think the studios think it would be too expensive.

message 8: by Meredith (new)

Meredith | 155 comments I agree. I want my villains to be killable, too. And nice job on the picture.