Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > News of the Weird...

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'm drawn to this website every week although it terrifies me. Here's the latest update:

http://www.newsoftheweird.com/archive...

Here's my favorite story from the latest update:

As the British government was poised in November to re-classify lap-dancing clubs from "entertainment" to "sexual encounter establishments" (thus imposing tougher licensing standards), the industry's trade association insisted to a Parliamentary committee that the clubs are not sexual. "(T)he entertainment may be in the form of nude ... performers, but it's not sexually stimulating," said the chairman of the Lap Dancing Association. That would be "contrary to our business plan." [The Guardian, 11-26-08:]

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim You know, a cure for cancer would be cool and all (especially if developed in a garage) but what's going to attract all the kiddos is that they can now get a glowing Hawthorne Heights tat.

message 3: by Lori (last edited Jan 23, 2009 11:27PM) (new)

Lori Kim! I haven't seen you in ages, HI!!!!
I don't know why I haven't seen this thread yet, because I adore newsoftheweird.

Annova also has some great stories. http://www.ananova.com/

But this one is from Yahoo:

Newspaper claims suspect transformed into a goat
Fri Jan 23, 6:07 pm ET

LAGOS, Nigeria – One of Nigeria's biggest daily newspapers reported that police implicated a goat in an attempted automobile theft. In a front-page article on Friday, the Vanguard newspaper said that two men tried to steal a Mazda car two days earlier in Kwara State, with one suspect transforming himself into a goat as vigilantes cornered him.

The paper quoted police spokesman Tunde Mohammed as saying that while one suspect escaped, the other transformed into a goat as he was about to be apprehended.

The newspaper reported that police paraded the goat before journalists, and published a picture of the animal.

Police in the state couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

Belief in black magic is widespread in Nigeria, particularly in far-flung rural areas.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.