75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (2009 Challenge) > Vera's 75 Books

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karol (new)

Karol Hi, Vera. Thanks for joining us!

message 2: by Karol (new)

Karol Vera wrote: "15. "The Education of an American Dreamer" by Peter Peterson"

Vera, I'm not sure why but this title resonated with me. I took a look at the Goodreads description of it and now I can't wait to read it!

message 3: by Karol (new)

Karol Vera wrote: "22. "Cleopatra's Daughter" by Michelle Moran"

Vera, I understand that "Cleopatra's Daughter" has been marketed as both an Adult and a Young Adult book. How would you categorize it?

message 4: by Karol (new)

Karol Vera wrote: "WOW, I'm behind..."

Vera, that's OK. I'm glad you're hanging in there with us. 26 books is nothing to be ashamed of at all!

message 5: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4071 comments Mod
Vera, I am listening to the Lovely Bones on CD while driving back and forth to work. Many days I find myself teary eyed getting out of my car. I did read the book as well a couple years ago. Something about the readers voice makes it even more emotional. I also just saw that it will be a movie soon.

message 6: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4071 comments Mod
Vera, it is so funny how as individuals we can have completely opposite perceptions of the same thing...lol I guess I felt her voice matched the character of Suzie well. I think that the serious, although monotone dialog worked. I can't wait to see what they do with the movie version. We will have to compare notes again...lol :)