Terminalcoffee discussion

Helping You To Know The News > Obama orders G-Bay Shut and other policy changes...

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jan 22, 2009 05:12PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28788175

Comments?

Hey, from my perspective, these two changes alone make my vote worthwhile...

message 2: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (MrsNolte) | 17294 comments Mod
I agree, RA. For the first time since November 3, 2000 I feel proud to be an American.

message 3: by Meen (new)

Meen (MeenDee) | 1733 comments I posted something about this on Facebook and said something about feeling hope--seriously--for the first time in 8 years. I'm still not sure it's sunk in yet. I didn't realize how miserable the conservative takeover had made me, how all knotted up inside, how cynical... Is this really happening? Oh yes, it is. Look at what he's done on the very first day. What a clear message to us and to the rest of the world. I am so incredibly thankful that the Bush era is over. *weepy sigh of relief*

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24107 comments A new era.

message 5: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jan 23, 2009 02:51PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Another big policy change! Dude's not messin' around...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090123/a...

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (MrsNolte) | 17294 comments Mod
"Obama has spent his first days in office aggressively signing executive orders reversing Bush administration policies on issues ranging from foreign policy to government operations."

WhooooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooo!

message 7: by Meen (new)

Meen (MeenDee) | 1733 comments The Global Gag Rule was EVIL!!!!

He IS serious! I LOVE it!!!!!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Woot! No more global gag rule!

:::does the cabbage patch while chanting "Go-bama! Go-bama!":::

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13814 comments We've stomped all over the Global Gag Rule on True North, but it looks like there's a little more to stomp on? Well, ok. If I have to. With my steel toed boots.

message 10: by Meen (new)

Meen (MeenDee) | 1733 comments *makes sure my stomping toes are out of the way of Sarah's boots*

*cabbage patchin' with Jacks!*

message 11: by David (new)

David Katzman (DavidDavid) Alls i gotsta say is, fuck yeah.