Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

New Stories Up & Call for Submissions!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ill Literati (last edited Jan 22, 2009 05:19PM) (new)

Ill Literati Crazy People In Books (IllLiterati) | 3 comments Hey all!

We have new stories by librarians, writers, and booksellers about Crazy People in Books up now at http://illliterati.wordpress.com/ . Check us out, and submit your own stories!

Gina Collia-Suzuki, an author from England, writes about her colorful experience as an antiquarian bookseller in Mr. Sweets.

Sage Card shares her slightly smelly bookselling encounter in Foot Lady.

The lovely veteran librarian Joan Gross gives us some tidbits from her thirty five years of librarianship in Memories of a Librarian.

Jac Jemc tells three tales of absentee customers in People Who Have Not Recently Shown Up at the Bookstore.

Read! Laugh! Commiserate! Enjoy!

message 2: by Todd Fonseca (new)

Todd Fonseca | 489 comments I think this might be the correct link:
http://illliterati.wordpress.com/

message 3: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Bailer Smith | 2 comments Todd-
Thank you for the link site. I am looking forward to reading Kathleen's books on terrorism. I so enjoy these "talks" with other authors because it gives you perspective on that 'lonely' yet satisfying world chosen by people who can not "not" write. I would like for people to check out my website (please?), www.laughterawbd.com where they will find info on my humor book of essays (very Erma Bombeckish in style but my own person!) Laughter: A Woman's Best Defense. It involves the trials and tribulations women face with men and remotes, kids and homework, zany friends, and making fun of myself. Easy pick-up-and-put-down-and-pick up book. It's been getting good reviews and raves. Ask at your friendly little Barnes & Noble or Borders, (every request counts as a computer hit and gets the distributor's and manager's attention to stock the book) but better yet, check out my website on how to get the book through me. There is a funny essay inside on "Librarians Are Just Not What They Used To Be." Check it out, Ill Iterati! I look forward to any reviews, comments, criticisms (My bathroom is wallpapered in black and white to match the rejection slips!) and I promise to do the same as I finish reading many of yours. Keep writing... and commenting. I love them. Suzanne Bailer Smith (A Goodreads author)

message 4: by Ill Literati (new)

Ill Literati Crazy People In Books (IllLiterati) | 3 comments Sounds great, Suzanne! Congrats on your book's success! I look forward to reading the Librarians essay ...

message 5: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Bailer Smith | 2 comments Hi, Ill Literati-
I just searched your website and was thrilled. I think I have found a bunch of crazy people just like myself. I am going to send my librarian essay to you via email. I am new to this site, and have a few questions. Do you have a different theme, i.e., librarians, etc., each week or month, or is it a constant site for anything funny about crazy people? If I email my essay about "They Just Don't Make Librarians The Way They Used To" does it get entered on your site? (Obviously a deciding factor is, Is it funny enough!) I am so happy to have found your site. You write so hilariously in the site that I am wondering if you have any humor books out yourself. Please forgive me if you are on the best seller list and I am showing my ignorance here. I just discovered your site. A whole new world just opened up. I look forward to catching your site each day. And I look forward to having you read several of my humor essays in my book as they apply to a given topic. Thanks, Ill Literati! Suzanne Bailer Smith - LAUGHTER: A WOMAN'S BEST DEFENSE (A Goodreads Author!)