twilight lovers! discussion

New Moon Movie > Dakota Fanning?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:44AM) (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
E! Online is reporting that Dakota Fanning has been offered the role of Jane in ‘New Moon’.

Dakota Fanning…with fangs?

It’s possible. I can exclusively report that the 14-year-old child star—she turns 15 on Feb. 23—is in talks to play Jane opposite Robert Pattinson & Co. in New Moon, the upcoming sequel to box office megahit Twilight.

“There were no auditions,” a source reveals. “They just offered it to her outright, and now they’re in negotiations. They’ve been going back and forth.”

Jane is a member of Italy’s Volturi, the most deadly group of bloodsucking killers in author Stephenie Meyer’s’ best-selling series.

In the casting notice we got our hands on earlier this month, Jane is described as a petite blonde with a “Botticelli angel-like face…[and:] crimson irises.”

While fellow Volturi guards Demetri & Felix “are three times the size of her, they are terrified of her,” the casting notice reads.

Coincidentally (or maybe not), an online petition started by a Twilight fan already asks the studio, Summit Entertainment, to cast Fanning because she would be “perfect” for the role.

Early last month, Entertainment Weekly suggested Pushing Daisies star and Broadway diva Kristin Chenoweth. “Her voice is certainly high enough, and at 4′11′’, she’s also short enough,” writer Amy Wilkinson proposed.

Director Chris Weitz is expected to start shooting New Moon in March in the U.S. and Italy. If all goes as planned, the movie will hit theaters on Nov. 20.

message 2: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??? I REALLY LIKE HER...

message 3: by Rosalie (new)

Rosalie (rosalielucyduffee) | 3 comments So do I!!! I hope they negotiate and she is on board.

message 4: by Marjorie (last edited Jan 22, 2009 02:12PM) (new)

Marjorie | 3 comments yeah she is a really good actress!!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

yea.

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah omg!!!!! that would be hilarious!!!! she's also in Push, the trailer is in front of twilight, she's taking on more mature roles. she might actually be a good jane if they do her up right!

Meghan Marie Cullen (So-the-lion-fell-for-me) | 37 comments Er...I guess. She just seems a bit too old. Hmph. I still think that they should hire a much younger actress.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

?Uhhh..no.

message 9: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments YES! She is great!

message 10: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments WAIT, Jane is Brunette! I'm looking at New Moon right now:

The newcomer was as tine as alice, with lank, pale brown hair trimmed short.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

It's called wigs or temporary hair dye.

message 12: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments Yeah, but the report said Jane was blond. That's wrong.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe they mean in the movie...

message 14: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments But that's wroooonnnnngggg! Sorry OCD.......

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

lolz.

message 16: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments Not ObsessiveCullenDisorder, ObsessiveCompulsiveDisorder. I have both.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I kno. IDKY I laugh at tht, I do...

message 18: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments Haha, I told my friend about Alec, and she was freaked out.
"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW OLD HE COULD BE! HE COULD BE FIVE!'
So funny!

message 19: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

I think she would be great...she looks very young for her age. And they can't have her be to young because then she would be breaking the whole immortal children rule. Not to mention she's a very good actress.

message 20: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments Oh yeah, I've seen her movies. BRILLIANT! She is good! I really hope she gets the part!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

SAME HERE!!!

message 22: by Mccaul (new)

Mccaul (ryanmccaul) shes good, but young. It might not work out too well if they hire a young actress

message 23: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (Asherly) I saw her in that preview for (I think it's called) "Push" and she seems like a really good actress. At first, I didn't like her at ALL but in the past few movies she's been in, she's made a comeback in my opinion. She's growing up too! She's probably going to be like super hot, I think >.>

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (Bella) She's a good actress, but i don't picture her as a Vampire, i don't think she should get it!

message 25: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Jane has brown hair so I think she could pull off the hair...plus she's small like janes supposed to be.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah.

message 27: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments Stephanie wrote: "Jane has brown hair so I think she could pull off the hair...plus she's small like janes supposed to be. "

My hair is short and brown, and I'm SUPER short, so I look like Jane! My friends say it's scary.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

message 29: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments But I can't act like her. I'm too clutzy and nice. And I like Alec, so it'd be creepy to like your own bro.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

lolz!!
OMG ALEXA! XD RP!

message 31: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments Can you stop reminding me about that Ally? It's your turn to respond anyway.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Really? ...Okay...

message 33: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachel-g) i guess that's okaaay. i can see her playing that role

message 34: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 77 comments Weirdly, I think I like the idea of dakota fanning as Jane.... She seems like she could pull off Jane's demeanor and personality very well.She is also small and has a distinctly feminine face with small features. I can picture it.

message 35: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments Very. I'm sure she'll do great.

message 36: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 77 comments Hey, stephanie, Post one of your magical pictures on here so we know just what we are dealing with! I am in technologically challenged and I still can't seem to post a picture right.

message 37: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments [image error]
Replace the asterisk with a space and you have a pic.

message 38: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

She did great playing a real little witch in uptown girls.

message 39: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 77 comments haha!! She was great in uptown girls. Wow, she was really young then...yep. I see Jane in the above picture.

message 40: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

message 41: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

EEEEWWWWWI just say a thing that said they should have Lucas Grabeel play ALEC!!!!! YUCK!!!

message 42: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Lucas Grabeel Pictures, Images and Photos

message 43: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

I like Jeremy Sumpter way better
jeremy sumpter Pictures, Images and Photos

message 44: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 77 comments Jeremy Sumpter beats all! Gross. Lucas Grabeel? Honestly.

message 45: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

I know right!! He's soooo cute...and what's with wanting a lame HSM star anyway?? We can do without any of those!!

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (Bella) Oh yeah! I don't know him, but now i do. He's so cute! I want him to play Alec. I like Alec anyway! LOL!

message 47: by Nava Cullen (new)

Nava Cullen (Thetanvampire) | 176 comments yeah! but the age difference between alec and jane shouldn't be too much...
btw, i totally saw jane in the dakota gap picture. she'd be great.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah.

message 49: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments JERMY JERMY JERMY! NOT LUCAS!!!!!!!

message 50: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (I_Love_Jacob_Black_95) | 3164 comments Or:

As Alec!!!!! :D

Connor Paolo

« previous 1