Supernatural Fiction Readers discussion

Archives > Northern Haunts: 100 Terrifying Tales of New England anthology

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 199 comments Looks like Northern Haunts: 100 Terrifying Tales of New England anthology that I have 'Pukwudgies: Little Monsters of New England" included in, will soon be shipping out. So if you haven't preordered this fine book from Shroud Publishing, remember the proceeds goes to the American cancer Society. A lot of authors submitted and only 100 tales made it into the books. You can preorder it either in trade paperback or hardcover at a sale price at http://www.shroudmagazine.com/antholo... .

Here is what the publisher has said about it coming out on Shroud Publishing's blog at http://shroudpublishing.blogspot.com/ :

NORTHERN HAUNTS! Whew! This guy clocked in at 366 pages! I am absolutely in love with this collection of homegrown ghost stories and campfire tales. It has been a joy putting it together. So, well... after MUCH delay, the trade paperback final proof has been reviewed and approved. I KNOW we were almost at this point before, but a power outage screwed up the whole process. But now, I am simply waiting on the printer to do its print run and ship them to me for distribution. In the next week or so I will have the hardcover ready for printing as well. I know you all have waited long for this, but given the fact that the profits of NH will go to the American Cancer Society, I wanted to make sure I out it together right. I really feel like it's a project we can be proud of. I also needed to change the dedication to honor two very special horror writers and friends of Shroud that passed way recently: Phil Kuhlman and Joe McGee. I miss these guys and Phil was the big inspiration for NH.

Pamela K. Kinney

message 2: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1638 comments Pamela, thanks for letting us know about this! When it's published, don't forget to put it on our Written- by-group-members shelf, since one of your stories is in it. (And congratulations on that!) --Werner

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 199 comments I will try. I just also learned that another anthology I have a ghost story in (this has scifi, fantasy, horror, romance, and mystery short stories included in it) will be released either tomorrow nor the next day from R J Buckley Publishing. That is The World Outside the Window. It can be preordered through www.rjbuckley.com but when out be up at Amazon and can be ordered through bookstores through Ingrams and Baker and Tayler.

message 4: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1638 comments Sounds like an interesting collection! Thanks for letting us know about it --and congratulations on another publication.

message 5: by Brett (new)

Brett (battlinjack) | 63 comments Pamela wrote: "I will try. I just also learned that another anthology I have a ghost story in (this has scifi, fantasy, horror, romance, and mystery short stories included in it) will be released either tomorrow ..."

Cool deal Pamela. BTW, when I go to the link you give, it's a dead end. I found this one works better (if it's the correct one that is)
http://www.rjbuckleypublishing.com/

message 6: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 199 comments Thanks for posting the right link. LOL.
It may be out by Saturday, Monday the latest. The publisher just emailed the authors how much author copies cost, etc. .
And it will be on Amazon and in B&N or can be ordered through B&N through Ingrams and Baker & Taylor.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds very interesting which makes me think of our local author who was recommended to me by a Red Hat here. Her name is Mary Summer Rain and she writes about the local ghosts in this area and has gone around actually helping them all to "go to the light". So when we drove thru Phantom Canyon there wasn't a thing there, LOL!
Now I need to add her books to my list as I had forgotten about her...awful of me.

message 8: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 199 comments What publisher has she published through. I have a nonfiction ghost book (true versus made up fictional ghosts)that Schiffer Publishing published. Got a bigger one, of whole state coming out this fall, though could be earlier--depends who is ahead of me.

message 9: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (earthmarsha) | 14 comments Mary Summer Rain -- I have her dream dictionary!

message 10: by Marsha (last edited Feb 28, 2009 07:38AM) (new)

Marsha (earthmarsha) | 14 comments I'm sorry, I wasn't paying enough attention earlier, or I would have provided this info a month ago.

The Mary Summer Rain book I have was published by Hampton Roads Publishing Company, Inc., 134 Burgess Lane, Charlottesville, VA 22902, 804-296-2772.
http://www.hamptonroadspub.com/bookst...