I Love Young Adult Books discussion

What are you reading now?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 383 (383 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (amoree) | 11 comments What are you currently reading?
I just started Sovay, just finished Graceling.

message 2: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am reading Skybreaker, I'm almost done!!!!!! :)))))))

message 3: by Laura, YA enthusiast (new)

Laura (Snorkle) | 27 comments Mod
I'm not really reading anything absolutely amazing right now....but I do have a book that is waiting for me at the library. I am so thrilled that it finally came in. It is The Hunger Chronicles by Suzanne Collins. I will start reading it the moment I lay hands on it.

message 4: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments Oh, good for you! You sound really nice! I finished Skybreaker; it was fabulous, I am going to write a review about it as soon as I can! I have saved up for a long time now, and I am going to go to Barns & Nobel A.S.A.P to buy The Battle of the Labyrinth, book four in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians sereis!!
Have you ever read those? The author is Rick Riordan.

message 5: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the Hunger Chronicles sound cool!!!!

message 6: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Conner (Kristi80) | 1 comments At the moment, I'm reading the last book in the Bloody Jack by LA Meyers series. It's a great read! A lot of adventure. I was also reading the Mob Princess books for their cheesiness.

Twilight is next on my list!

message 7: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments I am not alowwed to read Twilight. :(

message 8: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments ooo sounds cool!

message 9: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (amoree) | 11 comments Finished Sovay and I am now reading The Dark Hills Divide by Patrick Carman (The Land of Elyon Book 1) Sovay was not one of my favorites.

message 10: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments I LOVE THE LAND OF ELYON BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 11: by Laura, YA enthusiast (new)

I guess I'm such a big fan of Suzanne Collins that I can't even spell her books right....so above there, it is The Hunger GAMES instead of chronicles, that might be the series title....hehheh...whoops.
The Land of Elyon books were a good series, I liked them. They are fantasy/adventure type books. The first book is about a young girl who has lived behind walls all her life and takes the plunge to find out what is really out there.

message 12: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments Yes, you should seriously read it! I love the stye of writing.....I really like Yipes, he is awsome! (Good overview of the first book, Snorkle!)

message 13: by Laura, YA enthusiast (new)

Oh My Goodness! I JUST finished reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins! It was amazing! If you are a fan of fantasy/sci-fi and love spunky heroines then you should definitely check out this book.
It's kind of like Uglies meets Ender's Game meets The Giver meets The Wind Singer...

message 14: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments Good for you! Right a review about it so we can read it!

message 15: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (amoree) | 11 comments I just finished Gone by Michael Grant. It was really good. I could not put it down. And he left it open for the sequel which comes out in June or July. This is one you should read!

message 16: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments ok.

:D

message 17: by Janeen-san (last edited Feb 02, 2009 02:54PM) (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments I love Peter Pan. Do you like it? I made a fan group about it!

Peter PanPeter Pan rokcs!

message 18: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments oooooooo I did it!! yay me i'll do it again..

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

message 19: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments ok! I'll look 'em up....!

message 20: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments :D

message 21: by Luann (new)

Luann (AZbookgal) I'm about half way through The Hunger Games, which I'm listening to on audio. I'm also reading The Warrior Heir. They are both great books so far.

message 22: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments The Warrior Heir! I saw that at a booksotre and ALMOST got it...but I'll get it from the library instead, once I finshedBrisingr. I LOVE BOOKS!

message 23: by nancy (new)

nancy (The Ravenous Reader) (TheRavenousReader) | 3 comments I am on The Season by Sarah MacLean, I am almost finished with Fragile Eternity. I have had a few "put it in the freezer" moments so it has taken me a bit to finish it. I also finished listening to Shadow Kissed by Richelle Mead...OMG!!!! why why why!!!

message 24: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments why..?

message 25: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments Oh my gods! I am SO excited! We just got internet on BOTH computers now! Even the font for goodreads is different on this one. YAAAAY! ♥

message 26: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments hi

message 27: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments hello!

message 28: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments aww byes :(

message 29: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (daisycrazyjess) Breaking Dawn :)

message 30: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments what?

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (MichelleZink) | 16 comments I'm reading an ARC of Eyes Like Stars. It's amazing - so different!

message 32: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments Eyes Like Stars? I've heard of that! 0_0
I'm currently reading Brisingr. IT'S SO FUNNY!

message 33: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (MichelleZink) | 16 comments Yeah, ELS is by Lisa Mantchev. We're in the same writer's group with a bunch of authors all debuting in 2009. It's such an awesome book! It comes out in July!

message 34: by Catamorandi (last edited Mar 12, 2009 01:06PM) (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I just finished The Hobbit and am just starting Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

message 35: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE BOTH OF THEM!

message 36: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments Cool name, Paper Towns. What is it about?

message 37: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments Ok! Thankies. :)

message 38: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments :D

message 39: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments Brisingr, by Christopher Paolini. IT"S AWSOME!

message 40: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments Look farmiliar? =D
[image error]

message 41: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I am reading my first HP book. HP and the Sorcerer's Stone. I really like it so far.

message 42: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What part are you at EXACTLY?! *super super excited*

message 43: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I am presently reading The Thirteenth Tale.

message 44: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (MichelleZink) | 16 comments Perpendicularandi wrote: "I am presently reading The Thirteenth Tale."

Oh! I LOVE that one. Very underrated, imo!

message 45: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments wot is the Thirteenth Tale?

message 46: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) From what I have heard here, it is a very good mystery.

message 47: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments Oooooooo!!!!!

message 48: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments :P

message 49: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (MichelleZink) | 16 comments ♥Janeen-san♥ wrote: ":P"

It's a really dark, Gothic-type thriller. Very atmospheric. It's a great book to curl up with if it's raining outside!
:D

message 50: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 432 comments I love when it rains! :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8