Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Non-series Books > Graceling

Comments Showing 1-50 of 246 (246 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (amoree) | 2 comments Has anyone read Graceling by Kristin Cashore? I just finished it and though it began a little slowly, I really enjoyed it.

message 2: by Clickety (new)

Clickety (clix) | 5 comments Me too! It was a good light adventure.

message 3: by elissa (new)

elissa (librarianelissa) | 5 comments GRACELING's one of my favorite books from last year!

message 4: by Jules (new)

Jules | 8 comments I'm reading it now and I really like it. I hope she does more.

message 5: by elissa (new)

elissa (librarianelissa) | 5 comments She's planned a couple more.

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (amandarose) Oh I loved it!!! the prequel is coming out soon called Fire. Then she's going to finish with this book... Can't wait!!!

message 7: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 19, 2009 07:54AM) (new)

Stephanie (stephec) It's on my to-read list so I hope it's good!!

message 8: by Meg (new)

Meg I. (megingrn) Amanda wrote: "Oh I loved it!!! the prequel is coming out soon called Fire. Then she's going to finish with this book... Can't wait!!! "

Wow, there's a prequel? Thanks for the info

message 9: by Angelc (new)

Angelc | 7 comments I loved this book too!!! I'm a little confused about the others in the series, I know that "Fire" is coming out this year. But does anyone know if "Bitterblue" is still coming out later?

message 10: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Branch | 12 comments I just bought Graceling and I hope it is as good as the reviews. I am finishing up another book but can't wait to get started.

message 11: by Angelc (new)

Angelc | 7 comments Kristin, I hope you like it! I really think you will!

message 12: by Candace (new)

Candace (Candybum) | 2 comments I thoroughly enjoyed Graceling. I have recommended this book to several people. If you haven't read it... what are you waiting for?

message 13: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 18, 2009 06:38AM) (new)

Stephanie (stephec) Stéph wrote: "It's on my to-read list so I hope it's good!! "

I finished the book and LOVED it!! One of the best books that i have read this year. Can't wait to read Fire and then Bitterblue when it is out.

message 14: by Angelc (new)

Angelc | 7 comments I'm glad you liked it, Steph :) It's great isn't it??

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura (page4ever) | 1 comments Graceling was filled with so much action and survival. I loved it! Katsa is my hero!

message 16: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 1 comments Wow! i loved Graceling! it was so intense and individual. I will definantly be reading it again sometime soon!

message 17: by Mariah (new)

Mariah (caelesti) | 8 comments I picked this one up a while back, haven't read it yet. Will tell you what I think when I do.

message 18: by Kellee (new)

Kellee (kelleemoye) I have not read Graceling yet, but I bought it because of its reviews.

Is it appropriate for 7th graders?

message 19: by Kellee (new)

Kellee (kelleemoye) ???

message 20: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Kellee wrote: "I have not read Graceling yet, but I bought it because of its reviews.

Is it appropriate for 7th graders? "

The main characters discuss the question of becoming lovers without being married and decide to go ahead with it. It's not written with a ton of details, but it is a consciously made decision on the characters part. Overall, I think it's a great book and I loved it. I think it being appropriate really depends on your personal views about the acceptance of premarital sex.

message 21: by Jess (new)

Jess  (jhuch) | 30 comments I have kids read Graceling in my middle school class. I think that the parts that reference sex are often not completely comprehended, and we don't discuss it (obviously), so it is not much of an issue. I think that it is okay...

message 22: by Karissa (new)

Karissa I read Graceling not too long ago - actually, I listened to it - and was thoroughly impressed. If it had been a book, I wouldn't have been able to stop reading it! The characters were awesome, and I loved the way they described Poe. I just picked up Fire to listen to(I have an hour commute back and forth to work so I listen to book a lot more than reading) and I'm looking forward to it.
If she's got a book for Bitterblue coming out, I'm interested in "reading" it. She was strong character and to read her own story - especially if its after she becomes Queen - will be very good.

If I find the book at Half-Price anytime soon, I plan on buying it to add to my collection!

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Karissa - I listened to Graceling on audio too :)

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) I loved Graceling. It was such an amazing book. Haven't read Fire yet but I think that will be the next one. I'm waiting for the third book in this series almost as much as I am waiting for Mockingjay and Shadowfever!

message 25: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) What's Shadowfever?

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) I assume it is the next book in your beloved fever series - or were you being a smart ass??

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Blue moon - we need to spice these threads up. The past couple days have been boring. What new controversy can we make up today? How about Katsa vs. Katniss?? OR Po vs. Peeta???

message 28: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Heidi wrote: "Blue moon - we need to spice these threads up. The past couple days have been boring. What new controversy can we make up today? How about Katsa vs. Katniss?? OR Po vs. Peeta???"

Well of course Katsa would win in a fight. But I liked Katniss better. I don't think there's any competition. Po all the way!

message 29: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Heidi wrote: "I assume it is the next book in your beloved fever series - or were you being a smart ass??"

As usual I have no idea what the book is, and for once I was not being a smarty pants.

Shocker or totally expected?

message 30: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Seriously!? This is GR! I could have searched. And you are right Heide. Tis the spawn of mine beloved fever series.

Thanks for helping me figure it out!!!

(Can you tell if I was being a smarty pants??)

message 31: by Chachic (new)

Chachic Shannen, go read Fire! I think Fire is even better than Graceling. Can't wait for Bitterblue as well. :) It's due out on 2011. One more year.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) I still can't tell Peep, so I always just error on the side of caution and assume you are being a smart ass when I can't tell. But...you know what happens when you ASS U ME things.
Chachic - I still have to read Fire - actually I plan to listen to it on audio, as I did with Graceling. p.s. I think I do like Po more than Peeta -- and I like Katniss more than Katsa. What to do, what to do??? Perhaps Katniss and Po should be together. That would take Gale out of the whole equation.

message 33: by Chachic (new)

Chachic Heidi, go read it and let me know what you think when you're done! :)

I definitely like Po more than Peeta. As for Katniss and Katsa, I don't know. Hmm that's a tough one.

message 34: by Chachic (new)

Chachic Po and Katsa are the main characters in Graceling.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Hop to it Bluemoon!

message 36: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jaimier) | 1275 comments I am on board with Team Po but I think Po could pretty much kick any of the other Team's ass so it is not much of a competition.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Team Po!

message 38: by Chachic (new)

Chachic Team Brigan! Oh maybe I should put that under a Fire thread instead of here on the Graceling thread.

message 39: by Laura Beth (new)

Laura Beth (tampabookworm) | 229 comments I did not like Fire near as much as I did Graceling. I'll jump on board with Team Po though! :-)

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Ugh Bluemoon. Disregard, disregard, erase, erase! I figured people read the book that were on this thread. So so sorry! We need to put the word spoilers on the thread topic.

message 41: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Heidi I can't believe you just posted a major spoiler!!!! What a no-no. Edit, edit, edit. But you know that's the behavior I expect from Team Peeta. *shakes head*

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) At least Team Peeta can admit their mistakes. Team Gale always let pride get in their way.

message 43: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) This Team Gale gal would have deleted it so that she wouldn't ruin it for anyone else! I'm just sayin'. I looked and it's still there spoiler poster!

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) It has been deleted saumench!

message 45: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Yeah, yeah, yeah.

message 46: by Chachic (new)

Chachic What was the spoiler? I missed it. But I can guess, does it have something to do with the ending?

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) YES I deleted it because her royal highness guilted me into it. It had to go with Po and his "condition".

message 48: by Chachic (new)

Chachic Oh yeah, I was thinking it had something to do with that.

message 49: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) @ Heidi - Silence peasant! (Get it?? Hahaha)

@ Chachic - Our resident spoiler poster had the nerve to post such a spoiler, and without warning!!!!, then had the gall to say the title should be changed.

And really, if she didn't have the decency to post "WARNING: SPOILER AHEAD", it doesn't surprise me that she wouldn't check to see that this was an old thread so none of us could edit the title to say "spoilers" anyway. She assumed that everyone had already read Graceling. Mind you, this was the same lady who pointed out the consequences of "assuming" only a few days ago!!

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) Oh, Peep, you are on a roll this morning! Just when I thought Heidi was the queen of snark, you steal the crown! LOL!

« previous 1 3 4 5