Flight 815-ers Unite discussion

Predictions > Mrs. Hawkings, is she the islands Time Keeper?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (last edited Jan 22, 2009 05:01AM) (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 880 comments Mod
SO we saw Mrs. Hawkings return last nite.
She knows Ben.
She knows how much time they have to get back to the island before something bad/cataclysmic happens.

She was seen previously when Desmond first blew up the hatch and time traveled back to his past. He was attempting to buy Penny an engagement ring, and Mrs. Hawkings told him he cant do that. That wasnt what was supposed to happen.

I think she is Mother Time for the island. She was in a room, with a Dharma like computer, monitoring the pendulum (which I am pretty sure is the force of the island, its movement through time)....

I am thinking that it must follow a sequence, a jump to the past, then to the future. Right now, the ripples/jumps will be big/farther apart. I think as the show progresses, we will see the jumps getting closer and closer together, meaning the jumps they make will end up being closer to the time of each other. But I predict that it will always follow the pattern of Past, then Present, then Past again, then Present.....

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Ben talked to her differently than everyone else.....

WHO. IS. SHE?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

oh was that her i didnt recognize her at all wow the sheriff of the others right? back in season 4?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

i actually thought she was keeping track of where the island ended up during its time travel

message 5: by Cat Singh (new)

Cat Singh | 36 comments do you think she could be Faraday's mom???

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather I was wondering that too about her being Faraday's mom. Thank God for this discussion...I was going nuts last night trying to remember who she was.

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Yeah, that's what I thought too.

message 8: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Gene, no it is not the sheriff of the others. It is the lady that Desmond met when he did his first time travel after blowing up the hatch.

message 9: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

More thoughts on the whole traveling in time/Hawkings thing.....I dont think they run the risk of seeing themselves as they time travel..... like a back to the future sort of thing. Its not like time rewinding itself..... and Mrs Hawkings is tracking the movement...... with that pendulum and DHarma pc..... They are moving in a pattern... way back to the past then jumping to the current-ish time, then back almost as far... then less current-ish.... the swing of the pendulum starts wide, then slowly shortens... bringing the jumps in time closer together..... that might be what her warning was... the thing about only having 70 hours. Once the pendulum stops, and time catches up with itself, they are screwed. The window is closed. No one can get back and fix anything. It is what it is....

message 10: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Hey Lori,that makes perfect sense!

message 11: by Eric (new)

Eric | 5 comments When she first came onto the screen, I, immediately, thought she was Faraday's mom and that Desmond was walking up. Turns out it was Ben walking up, but I still think she's Faraday's mom.

message 12: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

There are tons of connections to be made Monika, and that is a great one to catch! I never noticed the whole meat theme, but I did think Ben and the lady in the butchers shop was a weird scene.....

message 13: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (last edited Jan 28, 2009 07:15PM) (new)

SPOILER FOR TONITES SHOW

So now I am starting to feel that Hawkings is Farradays mom. Dessy has to go to LA to see her... thats where Hawkings and her Dharma computer are currently hiding.

And wow.... Widmore is funding Farradays research... he's a part of the whole time travel thing. Not to mention that he was on the Island in the War in the 50's.....

Deeper and deeper we go.

message 14: by Monika (new)

Monika (marriedmurder) | 13 comments i know! last episode totally blew me away, but i think i have my theory about the show set in stone now.. =0)

message 15: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Monika, what is you theory then?

message 16: by marie (last edited Feb 02, 2009 11:26AM) (new)

marie Ok well just another little aside tidbit: Penny and Des named their son Charlie... ostensibly after their friend (rock star) Charlie. But that also gives him the same name as his grandfather (Charles Widmore) whom they hate. I've been watching LOST way too long to think anything is a coincidence.

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Okay, I need a recap on the beginning, I missed it.

God damn aikido.

JIN'S ALIVEEEEEEEE.

message 18: by marie (new)

marie Emma, you can watch it right now on ABC.com or if you are in Canada, on CBC.ca

message 19: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (lorenalilian) | 148 comments Something has really been bothering me this past week. If the island just started jumping a little over a week (for the ones on the island) and about 3 years for the ones off the island, how come this woman Hawkins has this pendulum and all that to locate the island ... I'm bothered by the idea that the island has been jumping through time the whole time but only now we know about it. We followed the castaways for what 18 months? and there was never a sing of any of this...

message 20: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Lorena, I know what you mean. The island itself may have been moving, or moved multiple times, but the people on it had no knowledge of it? I dont know. All I know is that whole episode opened up another can of worms, that I hope they explain in more detail.

message 21: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (lorenalilian) | 148 comments I truly loved this past episode but that has been bugging me ... are we to think that the island is constantly jumping but the only ones who notice are the people from the plane? No ... that wouldn't do because Juliane was not on the plane and she jumps and hurts too ... I don't know.

message 22: by Maria (new)

Maria (minks05) | 52 comments could it have something to do with the button desmond was pushing? i know that doesn't fully explain it, but it's an idea.

plus, and i could have a bad memory recall here, but didn't the island start jumping AFTER ben moved the island? maybe that's what the cause of the jumping is, if the island is moved incorrectly or something.

as for eloise hawkings, i think she's a strange one. all of the stuff she has in that room is so old and outdated, and if she truly was able to determine where the island is and how to get there, then why hasn't Charles Widmore gotten to her? unless, of course, no one knew where the island was until ben moved it, and it started jumping....

message 23: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Maria,
The island has been moving for a very long time, we are just trying to determine how. Eloise had shown the losties that they have been charting the open windows to the island for many many years.

Ben turning the wheel caused the island to time jump around our crew. Perhaps, before the wheel, the people and the island were moving together, so no one ever noticed.... tiem on the island moves very slowly, dont forget.

When Locke left the island via the wheel, the 06 were only gone a short while, but in reality, it had been 3 years.....

message 24: by Cat Singh (new)

Cat Singh | 36 comments interesting why Whidmore knew where to find Eloise in LA but never wanted to use the information she would be able to give to send people to the island (to get rid of Ben, or try to go back himself...)

message 25: by Maria (new)

Maria (minks05) | 52 comments lori, good points. it's been awhile since i watched earlier seasons, i need to do that so i can start picking up on all of the little things!

message 26: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (lorenalilian) | 148 comments Or maybe she's a double agent of sorts because the freighter got there after all.

message 27: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

too many things to make me dizzy really....
Funny how everyone knows Eloise... Widmore, Ben...

Im still thinking that the whole thing is going to be tied to the ripple effect. Once Des blew up the hatch, and Ben turned that wheel, all hell broke loose and they fucked with time... each time they had contact with someone in their original time frame, they CHANGED things. Those THINGS that were CHANGED affected the future.....

Perhaps the island was stationary the FIRST TIME, but when they MESSED with TIME, it then rippled everything, and NOW... NOW the island seems as though it has always been moving????

DO I make sense? even a little?

message 28: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 97 comments I thought the island was jumping around in time so often because the wheel was loose after Ben turned it. When Locke was down there with Jack's dad, we saw the wheel loosely turning back and forth. And Jack's dad said Locke was supposed to have been the one to turn the wheel and move the island instead of Ben.

message 29: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Luann, that is what Im trying to say tho, that because the wheel was moved, the island started jumping through time, which in turn AFFECTED time, and made it appear as though it had been moving ALL THE TIME, and thats why it was so hard for everyone to find it...???

message 30: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (lorenalilian) | 148 comments Lori, that is what I thought they said, but what bothers me is the lady with all the aparatus trying to figure out the island's location since way back then.

message 31: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

That ties back into the ripple effect. They affected the past, so everything in the past CHANGED... hence the need to track the windows of time for access to the island. Dharma created that station in LA to track the islands movement due to the AFFECTS of the island traveling through time in 2004/2007....

I am confusing myself trying to explain this, I know what I mean, but I cant seem to type it out to make it make sense.

message 32: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (lorenalilian) | 148 comments LOL!

message 33: by Monika (new)

Monika (marriedmurder) | 13 comments this show really brings out so much "audience participation", i don't think there has been another show i have ever continuously made "theory's" about, and looked for clues and whatnot...i <3 it!

i have a question...we've heard that the island moves alot...and maybe pushing the button in the hatch was built to keep the island stable for a while...we all saw the bright light/flash and the peircing noise when the button wasnt pushed, and when the hatch was blown up....what's to say that they didn't travel through time and space then????

just a thought...the writers have said that we should question what we've seen in past seasons...

message 34: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Someone somewhere had mentioned that maybe, just maybe the Dharma Hatch and the button was created and built to STOP the island from traveling through time.... again, the Ripple effect. That Daniel and whoever else infiltrated Dharma when the island was moving in time helped to create the station to STOP the time traveling.... hmmmm.... food for though, me thinks.

message 35: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 34 comments plus, and i could have a bad memory recall here, but didn't the island start jumping AFTER ben moved the island? maybe that's what the cause of the jumping is, if the island is moved incorrectly or something.

That's it! I don't think BEN is SUPPOSED TO MOVE IT. John moved it and it fixed the flashes!!

message 36: by Alex (new)

Alex | 57 comments of course, cause christian said that john was supposed to move it