Breaking Night: A Memoir of Forgiveness, Survival, and My Journey from Homeless to Harvard Breaking Night discussion

very inspiration

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Soharof (new) - added it

Soharof i really want to read this book because it teach us how to meet our difficultities alone when there is no one to help us
and it helps us to remember that is nothing impossible in our life so we have to just insist in our dreams to achieve it

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Up until the last 100 pages, it was the saddest book I have ever read.

message 3: by Lois (new)

Lois I just finished the book, but I wish it had been shorter. She could have gotten her point across without dragging it on to almost every detail.

message 4: by Lois (new)

Lois Glad she didn't go into any more intimate details tho.

Judy Liz lived a life unlike us and yet she had the strength to get through it and fly. To accomplish graduating from high school in two years and getting into Harvard and then continuing on in her life by helping others is a tribute to the human kind. We CAN do things even if we are inhibited by our environment. Don't use it as an excuse. Think about what YOU want to do with YOUR life.
Thank you, Liz, for writing your story. I am SO proud of you!

Alicia Pearson This is probably my second most favorite book. I found this to be inspiring and clearly demonstrates the concept of resilience in some children. We are so fortunate that Liz decided to tell her story because all too often because of societal pressures people hide their pain. I commend Ms. Murray for her courage.