Terminalcoffee discussion

Pop Culture / Celebrities > I have a feeling... (the Sasha & Malia thread)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (last edited Jan 21, 2009 01:20PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Watching the Obama girls grow up in the White House will be one of my favorite activities over the next 4 years (crossing fingers for 8).

Malia & Sasha Obama

Anyone else share my opinion on this?

message 2: by Heidi (last edited Jan 21, 2009 01:26PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sasha's a little spitfire! :)

message 3: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments I thought it was hilarious that Malia was taking pictures of her dad with her own little camera! They are ADORABLE!!!!

*crosses fingers and toes with you*

message 4: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments I bet Mr. J. Crew thinks he's died and gone to heaven.

message 5: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Oops, I just deleted myself. Is there a Mr. J. Crew?

message 6: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) Mindy wrote: "I thought it was hilarious that Malia was taking pictures of her dad with her own little camera! They are ADORABLE!!!!

*crosses fingers and toes with you*"

She's taken that camera everywhere. I think she's absolutely adorable. I have to admit that part of why I voted for Obama is that his family seems so normal and they truly seem to love each other. His wife and kids aren't just political accessories like so many other political families on both sides of the aisle seem to be.

Didn't you love that Michelle Obama brought a gift for Laura Bush? During the coverage, the reporters said that no other incoming First Lady has ever done that. It's so Middle America. I also like how well Michelle Obama and Laura Bush seem to get along. It's nice to see some niceness instead of negativity.

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments What did she give Mrs. Bush? Moving boxes? Change of Address forms?

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17315 comments Mod
I agree with you so wholeheartedly, Sandi. I just love the entire family. Yesterday I watched inauguration stuff constantly, and every time I saw the whole family I just bawled. When they walked out of the house and Barack (I feel like I should say Mr. President) was holding lil' Sasha's hand I thought I'd burst. So cute! They are all just sooooo good lookin'!

message 9: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) Randomanthony wrote: "What did she give Mrs. Bush? Moving boxes? Change of Address forms?"

A journal and a pen so Laura could write her memoirs.

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

She is the classiest first lady we've had in decades.

message 11: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) I think Laura Bush is a pretty classy First Lady too. She just stayed in the shadows. I think most First Ladies have been pretty classy. I think what makes Michelle Obama stand out is that she is a thoroughly modern woman. She's not the epitome of a Fifties housewife who's only purpose is to be her husband's support team. Right now, she's kind of fitting a Jackie Kennedy mold--probably because of having young children. I can imagine her becoming a force like Eleanor Roosevelt though.

message 12: by Sally, la reina (new)

Right.

**follows Sandi around, agrees with everything**

message 13: by Sally, la reina (new)

Obamas.jpg

message 14: by Charly (new)

Charly If this goes 8 years as many of us hope it does Malia may end up stealing the spotlight from Michelle, she is going to be as beautiful as Michelle is, and maybe taller.

I posted in another group that I thought it was really great to see that people are actually talking about what the First Lady is wearing for the first time in a long time. Sandi you are right on target with the similarities to Jackie Kennedy.

message 15: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Oops, I already said this on another board, but I didn't see this thread, so forgive me if I repeat myself...

This morning Fox News was on at the Y while I was working out. I was listening to music but I could read the screen. At one point they put up Obama's kids and referred to them as "pint-sized fashionistas."

Sometimes Fox News still pisses me off.

message 17: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Oh yeah, there's gonna be a huge number of Sashas. Malias, and Baracks born this year!

Fox News always pisses me off. In fact, I won't frequent places that broadcast it.

message 18: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 23414 comments Mod

Sasha Obama goes to prom. The 17 year old will graduate next month from Sidwell Friends School.