Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

The book

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Most of my friends have read this book and have told me that it is really good. i tired to read it but i couldn't getpast the 2nd chapter. and my friends won't tell me any thing. so will someone at leasttell me if it gets better.

Alli it becomes amazing! (i thought so from the start, but... it does get better)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I ended up reading the series only after I saw the movie. My sister had told me over and over that it was an amazing series, but it took the movie to actually get me to read it so I could find out what happens next. If you doubt you will enjoy the book further, watch the movie and see if you like it. Books are always more detailed and better than the movie, but at least you can see if you like the storyline.

Kelsey DudeMan!!! Why would you watch the movie and ruin everything for the book??? I mean if you can't get into the book either keep trying or quit and read something else...
My advice: keep trying. It does get WAY better. Just don't go and ruin the ending by watching the movie.

Martha I love how this book is on the Best and the Worst list. If you read it, you know why. Aspects of the series are amazing and well written, yet, you really have to love romance to be a true fan of the books. I, sad to say, am not a romance fan so I found the foundation of the books unappealing and gave up on the series after finishing the second book. (which was painful for me and my realistic approach to love. My sisters loved the books so much I wanted to find out why... I never did.)

Lauren Conahan The book is amazing. Don't go see the movie till after you read the book(s). The movie isn't that great on it's own, but if you like/love the books you'll like/love the movie.

Jenn ya dont see the movie til u read the book, but the book is great! and martha i agree, there r parts that r really well written and parts that r not so well written. but u dont have to be a fan of romance novels to like them. personally when i see a romance novel i want to puke, but i luv twilight.

@_@

Dusty Okay, Here it is from a guy's perspective.

I began reading the series just before book 3 was released. If there is such a hubub, I want to know why.

The books seem to follow two lines, a love story and an adventure. The sappiness of speech and thought in the love story was, for me, like pouring maple syrup on a bowl of sugar for breakfast. These parts I read VERY fast; although, when read aloud to my wife she would often swoon (from laughter).

On the other hand, the adventure she writes, and the overall story setting is great. It is easy to swallow the sickening sweet once you've tasted the savory adventure - it is worth it.

Overall, I really enjoy all of the characters, except the main character. I just don't/can't relate to her way of thinking. I'm glad I own the books.

Nightfalltwen Don't bother. It gets better if you happen to like cotton candy writing. Go find something way more intriguing to read. Something that is better constructed and well written.

Holly Kristin wrote: "Most of my friends have read this book and have told me that it is really good. i tired to read it but i couldn't getpast the 2nd chapter. and my friends won't tell me any thing. so will someone at..."

it does get better and it is a little boring at the begining but it starts getting better by chapter 6.

Holly im only on the 1st book but it is amazing

message 12: by Clare (new) - rated it 1 star

Clare i have read all the books they are soooooo good
JACOB ROCKS
except the last one is racy