This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
pro-choice

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

She only liked Hangin' Tough. The other songs were too romantic for her.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments First you hate on baseball now you hating on Ozzy and Iron Maiden… dude WTF? That’s great music right there! The number of the beast and fear of the dark! Iron man and paranoid are great songs! Stop hating!!! Tell your kid that I’ll be willing to give him more good stuff if he ask nicely=0

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori Marie, we're supposed to hate our kid's musical choices, we're supposed to shout at them to lower the noise and close the door to their bedroom. You know. Just like our parents screeched at us!

message 4: by Arminius (last edited Jan 22, 2009 05:42AM) (new)

Arminius Who hates baseball? Baseball is an excellent physical skill builder and a great pride buster.
And I agree with Alfonso. Iron Maiden and Ozzy play terrific music.

Also, 90 % Dictatorial reign + 10% for choice is good parenting, in my opinion.

message 5: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) You could always forbid them to listen to that stuff...cause kids NEVER disobey their parents when it comes to stuff like that. They'd surely see your wisdom in laying down the law, and come around to your way of thinking.

message 6: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Oh...nearly forgot...baseball = 15 minutes of heart stopping action crammed into three hours.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, but what about The Iron Maidens? I've seen them three times!

message 8: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Are those supposed to be chicks?

message 9: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) "Butt Rock?

That sounds like something Howard Stern would be involved with.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments I’d pipe with the one on the back…. The rest looks like something out of shemale magazine….

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 22, 2009 11:02AM) (new)

The blond is the drummer. She has gigantic biceps and wore zebra striped spandex pants last time I saw them.

They are actually really, really good.

P.S. Pipe?

message 12: by Arminius (new)

Arminius All I can say about them is that I want to "run to the hills."

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments guahahahah run for your life!!!!

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments p.s. i still think the brunette in the back is kind of hot

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Dude… Ozzy don’t need to be hot… he a prince! Royalty don’t need to be hot to get chicks! So what if he is The Prince of Darkness he a prince nonetheless !

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments And that’s where your point crumbles (at least in my chauvinistic eyes) the dudes even if ugly with talent get the chicks… the chicks when ugly… damn I’m going to hell!!! The point is they look like dudes! (except the brunette on the back with whom I’d pipe if given the chance) my point is? Ermm I don’t know what my point was but they look like dudes!

message 17: by Daniel (new)

Daniel heh heh at least you don't have to go to the spice girls concert, or jewel.

/Marty is a saint
//she got to see spoon, white stripes and interpol though.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Spice girls and jewel??? And y’all made fun of me for going to see mama mia the movie! HA! HAHA! HAHAHAH!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Pipe?! I've never heard that. It's sounds cold. And metallic.

message 20: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about? Imagine my embarrassment! and how fortunate for you that while the Urban dictionary is still debating what exactly constitutes "butt rock" you've got the definition narrowed done so precisely that you can lay claim to knowing which bands do and do not "rule".

I'm sure your wife's ex-band is awesome. I'm sure the show was kick-ass.
but I don't like Ozzy or Maiden, "get over it".

and here is where you are wrong KD...when you say my son is on his way to "breaking away from the herd" by listening to your beloved bands. Turns out his knowledge of them is coming from the growing VERY MAINSTREAM popularity of guitar hero not some inherent sense that they "rock".

I think it's worth noting that not only have I watched numerous youtube clips of Ozzy Osborne, not only have I had a variety of conversations regarding his ever changing musical tastes, not only do I know which Iron Maiden song is his favorite but I haven't even said I wont let him listen to it!

message 21: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen I'm comfortable with that.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

The thing about her son is that he's an absolutely awesome person (one of the greatest I've known) and imagine the responsibility of being the mother of such a great child. You know when you're baking something complicated and you feel like you're doing something wrong or the timing is off or you're going to fuck it up and it fills you with anxiety (no? well, plug another metaphor in there)? Well, that's just a cake! This is a child! A perfect, amazing child!

Of course she worries!!

message 23: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Is it me, or is the blonde in the back David Lee Roth?

message 24: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) My mom went through exactly what Marie's going through. She freaked the fuck out when she learned I was listening to stuff like Maiden, and, from her perspective, far "worse" stuff like Celtic Frost and Mercyful Fate.

I think I ended up fine. I didn't go through any "goat sacrificing" period. Sometime after that, I discovered hip-hop. Mom freaked out again. That period didn't last long, though.

If anything, Marie, he'll be fine as well. Like me, he'll have a well-rounded musical education. It's good to have some Maiden thrown in with the Kinks and Marvin Gaye.

Now, if you told us your son likes the Mentors, I'd have him institutionalized. Either the Mentors, or anything related to High School Musical...

message 25: by Arminius (new)

Arminius My parents could care less what I listened to. I started with heavy metal and grew into classical. So I like them both and recognize that both are great.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

My parents had it made because I just listened to bubble gum pop. My mom was an aerobics instructor and used to borrow my tapes to make workout tapes. We went to Tiffany together!

I loved a "rocker" boy named Donny Moline, though. He looked kind of dirty all the time and wore metal band shirts, everyday. Hotness!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Are those the smoking hot, bad-boy kind? Then, yes.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

No, he was nothing like that. He had shoulder-length brown hair that was sorta greasy. He wore shirts like Beavis and Butthead, but his face was beautiful (if you like chipped teeth, which I do).

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I used to imagine that he'd move into the house across the street from me and come to my window every school night to kiss me. He lived in a trailer park, though. No luck. Plus, I rarely talked to him because he hung out with VERY scary girls--including one who sharpened her fingernails into points with a knife in high school so she could "dig Sarah Montambo's fucking eyes out."

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments HAHAHAHAHAHHA MR. GROWLEY!!!!!!! GUAHAHAHA OMFG I'M DOING A ROFL RIGHT NOW!

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Here marie, I think you need to read about this dude… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister...

message 32: by The Crimson Fucker (last edited Jan 24, 2009 09:20AM) (new)

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments You know marie, I’m wondering if there is some sort of mom gene that prevents y’all from understanding the awesomeness of metal… did I ever told you the story of the time the succubus (my mother according to the law) decided that she wanted to go to a concert with me and some friends… and since all my friends were assholes they started to encourage her to go… thank god it didn’t happen but it came pretty damn close… she use to think that metal shows where some sort of bacchanals were promising young boys like me were corrupted by old creepy people (like Mr. Crowley) and all sort of stupid shit that they watched on TV…. Look is just music… I remember I was getting a ride once from one of the friends of the succubus and her little girl was in the car… and she (the mother) asking me how comes I like that offensive music, there was a dominican song playing on the radio… I’m not even going to bother you with the name but even tho is from one of the “greatest” representatives of our music the song is about fucking a teenager girl from the hills… I found it funny so I explained HER song, you know her music… and I guess you aint stupid like her… but like so many other mothers hell humans! can’t play attention to everything… what I’m trying to say is… well I don’t know what am trying to say! But just cuz you listen to a song about a creepy old dude who liked his demonic shit don’t necessarily means you going to turn into one…

message 33: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I don't know if two have met in real life yet, but if this were a romantic comedy you two would meet accidentally without each realizing who the other one was and you'd immediately fall in love.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Bucket Head is retarded.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought it was Mustang, too! Hahahaha!

message 36: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I heard Dave Mustaine became a born-again Christian and lives in Fallbrook now.

message 37: by Arminius (new)

Arminius Mr. Growley, what went down in your head.

Also Dave Mustaine is smart and a lot on here will like him because he sits on your side of the political fence.

message 38: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Believe me, there are plenty of people on my side of the political fence I would like to dropkick over that fence.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Ditto, Bunny. My parents vote completely differently from each other, and still happen to be the most happily married people I know.

message 40: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen okay enough of this discussion about my questionable parenting. I have a serious question for the Heavy Metal know-it-alls out there. My 5 year old daughter keeps singing

"because we rise from the concrete devil" and "oh-oh-oh-oh we rise from the concrete's of the devils"
"when they ri-i-i-se, you will die, you will die, you will dieeee"

she said she made it up - i'm guessing it is close to some other lyrics somewhere.

anyone? anyone?
I promise to be nice for now on.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Derivative! Fo' sho'!

P.S. That girl is awesome.

message 42: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I believe that's from the Lionel Richie classic "Satan is My Bitch," but I could be wrong about that.

message 43: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 25, 2009 05:50PM) (new)

Ha! Now that song is going to be stuck in my head all night. :)

message 44: by Fredstrong (new)

Fredstrong Marie wrote: "I try and let my kids make as many of their own (harmless) choices as possible. sometimes this results in some interesting outfits for my daughter and some off-color food inventions for my son.
bu..."

These are harmless bands that I was into as well. It's all part of the process of self discovery, and the social taboos associated with these bands is what makes them so alluring. The worst thing you can do is try to prohibit them, this just conjurs a facination, and fans the flames of that allure. It's rock and roll man! when mom and dad hate it, they make it soooo much more rebellious.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.