You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Closed Discussion Topic > Have you ever seen someone you know on TV?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather (hpduck) | 354 comments I know it's not quite a movie theme, but it's close.
I only bring this up because I was watching American Idol last night (I know I know) and ended up seeing someone I actually went to High School with, whom...if I must say so...was kind of an a-hole in high school. As a human being, I wish him all the best in Hollywood (cause he made it through), but as that little part of my soul that still feels the sting of high school, I want him to go down in flames.

Basically what I am asking is this: Have you ever seen someone on TV who is going for their dreams that you actually know in real life? Is there anyone you could say, "I knew them when" about?? Or am I making too much of a big deal about this, like so many other things? I would love to know what ya'll think.

message 2: by Mads (new)

Mads (vaultofstars) I haven't seen anyone from my life on TV, but I have seen people from TV in my life (well, it was my uncle who bumped into Arnold, my dad who met Mary Ann of Gilligan's Island on an air flight, and I briefly saw Andy Serkis while he was signing his book for me).

There was one kid who mentioned a few years ago that he'd like to audition for American Idol, but I don't watch the show, so I don't know if he ever did it.

That's kind of neat that you saw your old peer on TV, though--even if he was a jerk. This way, if he gets to be really famous, you can always feel comfortable knowing the true him.

message 3: by Jenny, Group Creator - Honorary Moderator (last edited Jan 22, 2009 01:33AM) (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments In the UK Andrew Lloyd Webber has been doing tv shows to find cast members for his musicals. The last one they did was for a new production of Oliver. On the first programme they showed a few of the 'Nancy's' who had auditioned and a girl that I knew from uni popped up on the screen. I immediately got in touch with her and said 'did I just see you on tv' and she told me she got to the last 100 people and to vote for Jodie because she was lovely. Jodie then went on to win the programme. It was very surreal!!

message 4: by Cecily (new)

Cecily | 576 comments I remember watching Horizon, a respected (in those days) science documentary series in my late 20s and being surprised to see a university classmate of mine being interviewed as an expert (he had a PhD by then). It made me wonder what I'd achieved in those years since graduation in comparison.