Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Kid gets arrested for throwing taco at mom over video game...

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jan 21, 2009 09:37AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I hope this little bastard cried in jail...

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ente...

message 2: by Heidi (last edited Jan 21, 2009 09:48AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Ugh! I'll bet that mother was feeling guilt and relief... and I hope he never mistreats her like that ever again. Spoiled brat.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments (although, to be fair, a lot of us probably acted like that when we were his age)

message 4: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I love the smug look on his mugshot.

My mom would have not bothered to call the cops if I did something like that. Getting a beat-down from her is far scarier than landing in the pokey.

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yeah, Gus, I hear you...my dad would have made me eat the taco, throw away the XBox, and then kicked my ass halfway across the north side of Chicago.

Of course, he was the police...

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17315 comments Mod
I can't decide, that almost sounds ridiculous yet at the same time I want to smack that kid!

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

Although, sounds like the entire family situation isn't the healthiest.

message 8: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) Gee. I can see so many things wrong from this little article.

1. The "teen" is 19. He's an adult, living at home and playing video games. His mommy unplugged his game because he's didn't come down for dinner?

2. The nineteen year old is behaving like a thirteen year old.

3. Mommy shoves him aside because he's in her way?

Now, I can understand Mommy not smacking him down. If she had, he could have called the cops and filed assault charges. But, it sound like that kid never got any discipline.

message 9: by Sally, la reina (new)

Randomanthony wrote: "(although, to be fair, a lot of us probably acted like that when we were his age)"

I was living in another town, visiting my mom on weekends at that age.

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

message 11: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments I was living in another town, visiting my mom on weekends at that age.

Me, too, except make that visiting twice a year or so.

message 12: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Did your parents say you could have party?

No.

Well, then why did you?

'CAUSE I'M SIXTEEN AND MY PARENTS WERE OUT OF TOWN, DUMBASS!!!!

message 13: by Matt (last edited Jan 21, 2009 10:49PM) (new)

Matt | 819 comments That story reminded me of this (warning - it gets loud at certain points):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwql6_...

I so want to punch that kid...several times.

The taco throwing kid should be happy that he wasn't logged into the chat server when it all went down.

message 14: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments Haha, oh man, I really miss my CS-playing days. Oh, 12 year old Matt, where have you gone?...

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I hated that, tadpole, but I couldn't stop watching it! Now I hate everything.

message 16: by Jessica (last edited Jan 22, 2009 04:37AM) (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) "(although, to be fair, a lot of us probably acted like that when we were his age) "

I doubt you ever shoved your Mom or threw food in her face. This should not happen. My son would never do that...it wouldn't get to that point (I'd smack him upside the head first!) j/k. I agree...something is wrong in this household, and it seems that discipline was never really in place.

message 17: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Hmmm... well, here's something to consider - there's no mention of the dad.

I wonder if she's a single mother who's trying to keep it together as her son approaches adolescence. My stepmother went through a difficult phase with my bro, and she was doing it on her own. She's told me several times that in hindsight, when she had the opportunity to have the police bring him to jail for the night, she should've. She didn't, though.

I think there's considerably more to this dynamic than just a 12 year old spoiled brat, an xbox, and a taco.

message 18: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) yeah, true enough.
I'm a single mom, and my son's a teenager, but the dad is also in the picture.
and it helps.

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

Yes, but Heidi, he's nineteen!! I'd have something more to say if he were twelve, but at nineteen, no.

message 20: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) My God! That YouTube recording sounded like my house.

message 21: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Hmmm... I knew that he was 19. I wonder why I mentioned he was 12 (possibly from Matthew's post).

My bro was 18/19 when he was at the pinnacle of his disruptive behavior. He was still living at home, dropped out of school, was getting in over his head with drugs, and guilted her into feeling like it was all her fault and she was the ONLY person he could still trust in his life. Dad wasn't in the picture. Having a positive male role model in the picture makes a huge difference. When they're visibly absent, misogyny can result. My bro's learned the hard way and is a totally different person now - considerably more thoughtful, mature... and grateful.

All I know for certain is that it seems this kid's gonna have to learn respect and integrity the hard way, and that sucks all around because it doesn't have to be that way.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.