We're the Kids of America discussion

Presidental > Inauguration

Comments Showing 1-50 of 298 (298 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What did you think? I thought it was amazing and inspiring. I'm so happy he is finally our president.

message 2: by Vivian (new)

Vivian | 159 comments i couldnt watch cuz i was at softball practice, but a friend of mine said that people were singing "nananana nananana hey hey hey. goodbye" when Bush came out/was out (im not sure). but seriously? can people get any more rude and childish? i mean, COME ON! even if you hated him, he WAS STILL OUR PRESIDENT! whether you liked his choices or not, he WAS the leader of our country. i mean, i dotn really like Obama, but i would never boo him or anything like that. i think thats just rude, and the people who did it are just jerks.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I have to agree, Vivian. Even though I have never liked Bush and am immensely happy to see him go, he does deserve a little bit of respect on his final day.

message 4: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi what happened to people showing respect because of a title? I thought Bush was a good president considering the circumstances of the last couple of years

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Bush was an absolutely terrible president and I am so happy that I finally have a president I can be proud of.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

OBAMA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 7: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi I don't really like Obama. I'll wait and see what he does in office before I make to many opinions about him, though. I know that I don't agree with some of his policies though

message 8: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi thanx, no one else here seems to. what more could anyone have done in his place?

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 25, 2009 02:59PM) (new)

Bush was one of our worst presidents of all time. And hopefully, Obama will be one of the best. He's already shutting down Gitmo, after all this time of Bush allowing torture...

message 10: by Vivian (last edited Jan 25, 2009 05:38PM) (new)

Vivian | 159 comments ok. wait. Dean, you cant be criticizing other people's spelling. check back on some of your posts in this group and you have a whole crapload of obvious spelling errors also.

message 11: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments watched it

first, i thought obama screwed up, but then i heard cheif justice screwed up so i don't know much about that

it kinda bothers me how he always pauses in his speeches, but it was a pretty good speech, even if i wasn't always sure what he said cuz he used big words and the internet connection was crappy

message 12: by Robin (new)

Robin I thought it was a good speech, but he so snubbed Bush right there in from of him. What a total jerk, he doesn't know much about respect.

Plus, we get all worked up about how Sept. 11 was "supposedly" a conspiracy, and of course, we have to blame everything on somebody other then the bad guys, so we chose Bush. But, you know, have there been any other terrorist attacks since that day? You've got to give Bush some credit, I mean come on!

message 13: by Robin (new)

Robin so?

message 14: by Robin (new)

Robin I blame it on terrorists

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Iraq had nothing to do with it. That war was not needed at all, a huge waste of money and lives.

message 16: by Robin (new)

Robin Yeah, SUCH a waste to free people and give them a government like ours.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

It really shows how much we helped them by how many of them want us to get out. It's weird how that works out.

message 18: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments ok, while looking for nuclear weapons, we messed up iraq, so that was a mistake
that i WILL admit

so now after that, we're trying to get iraq back on it's feet
just like if you knock someone down, you help them back up (or i hope you would...)

but i agree that people blame bush for things he never did which just makes me mad too

message 19: by Robin (new)

Robin Well, Iraq was pushing out our inspectors, plus, the terrorists were meeting there, really, we're just ridding the world of an evil
And, don't trust the media, they give such a one-sided view. You can't trust what they say is going on over there.

message 20: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments well it wasn't all bad

we got sadam out didn't we?

iraq is a hell of a lot better then it used to be

message 21: by Robin (new)

Robin Yes, Dean, there were terrorists there. And yes, we thought they had nuclear or chemical bomb type things, so we went in. Here's something the normal media isn't telling you: The Iraqis, the average Joe Iraqis, they're super happy we're there, they don't want us to leave.

message 22: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments ok on thinking that nuclear weapons were there

NEWS FLASH: So did the whole world

and god, i hate the media now
just shut up and give me the damn facts

message 23: by Robin (new)

Robin Dean! You're listening to the media! Some people from Iraq sent President Bush a letter telling them they were so glad we're there, and they didn't want us to leave!
And, if getting Osama is SO easy, as you make it out to be, then by all means, YOU go get him.

And, it's nice you have confidence in your American troops. News flash: We are winning.

message 24: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments well i dunno

but i heard that terrorist activity has been REDUCED to 1/10

just everyone wants to be pessimistic so they only show the bad things that are going on

message 25: by Robin (new)

Robin that's why you shouldn't listen to the media.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

We are not "winning." At this point, we can't "win." This whole war was a waste and I'm glad to finally have a president who realizes it.

By the way, I was horrified when they hung Saddam Hussein. I can't believe we still hang people. Give him life in prison.

message 27: by Robin (new)

Robin After what he did? How can you say that!?

message 28: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments it depends on what you think as 'win'

well the win im more thinking about is fixing iraq so yeah, i think we're winning

and on hanging him? he deserved it
he killed thousands and tortured/hurt more
the way he died, that was a small price to pay

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I do not believe any one should have to die. I know he was a terrible man, he did terrible things and killed hundreds. But he still did not deserve to be hung in public. It's just horrible.

message 30: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments you know, he had a debt to pay to society for torturing and killing thousands

now personally, that debt should have been torturing for at least a month and then finally killing (then he would know how wrong what he did was)

but NO we just had to kill him once painlessly
how disappointing...

message 31: by Cira (new)

Cira (loveistheanswer106) | 56 comments How can you support torture?

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't support torture. There is hardly any cases I can think of where it would be acceptable. It's just disgusting.

message 33: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments when it is due, sometimes i believe it is just

he got of WAY easy people

he should be GLAD he was just hung and got it all over with
i bet there were tons of other people who had even worse things planned for him if they got the chance

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I feel bad for him, honestly.

message 35: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments if he doesn't let innocent people have the chance to live, then he doesn't deserve the chance to live either

that's what i think and that's why i support the death penalty when needed

message 36: by Robin (new)

Robin I agree Diana.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

But by killing him, doesn't that put us on his level?

message 38: by Robin (new)

Robin no, he did his things because he hates us and because he's a terrorist, and that's what he does. We did ours as punishment.

message 39: by Vivian (new)

Vivian | 159 comments Erin: you dont think that if he had the chance, that he would have hung you? I think he would have. If the situation was turned around, you would agree with Diana.

message 40: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments Vivian wrote: "ok. wait. Dean, you cant be criticizing other people's spelling. check back on some of your posts in this group and you have a whole crapload of obvious spelling errors also. "

Dean wrote: "And Rachel how would someone that spells exactley xactly know what theyre talking about?Just saying.Also you say 2 instead of to, too, or two"

-i no this was a while back but i wasn't in this topic
-tnx u vivian
-dean: i multitask, so i do not spell everything out. but if u prefer me 2, i will. *shrug* but really, just bcuz some1 uses im spelling, does not say anything about how informed/uninformed they r. or anything @ all in general.

message 41: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments im not on his level as long as i don't kill INNOCENT people

and that bastard was nowhere near innocent

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

My religion teaches compassion. I try to be compassionate for even the worst of people. And he was one of the worst. But he did not deserve to die.

message 43: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments well i don't bring religion into everything

and forgiveness will only go so far for me

message 44: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments diana, ur starting 2 convince me.... (again, i will stop using im grammar/spelling if some1 objects 2 it....)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I just don't think that we should put ourselves on his level.

message 46: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments we're not on his level until we start murdering innocent people

he knew we were going to kill him and he took lives of others

those who take lives, shall have theirs taken as well!

message 47: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments but still...ppl should not administer the death penalty lightly....

message 48: by Robin (new)

Robin I'd feel bad for him if he felt sorry, but honestly, he totally deserved what he got. one life for the many he would've and had already taken? Seems like a good thing. That man was evil.

message 49: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments these people aren't like us

that's what some need to understand

they're not sorry for anything they did, and they never will be as far as i can tell
it'd take a LOT of effort to make people like them see

message 50: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments idk about any1 else who was against the death penalty, but i am convinced. *shrug*

« previous 1 3 4 5 6