Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > Guess what I just did... > The cool kids are on facebook. Duh. > Lester Bangs, Rolling Stone, and beer.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Heidi (last edited Jan 21, 2009 09:03AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I posted a sign in the women's restroom.

DEEP THOUGHTS
by Jack Handy

“If God dwells inside us like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that’s what He’s getting.”

I don't think anyone saw me.

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Where in the women's restroom?

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments My coworkers need to lighten up... and I'm just doing my bit to help them along in the process.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'm calling them right now and telling them it was you.

message 5: by Shana (new)

Shana (Shanac55) | 98 comments I think you should secretly post a different Jack Handy quote every day.

message 6: by Heidi (last edited Jan 21, 2009 08:17AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I did that at my old office... sometimes I'd post funny pictures on the ceiling right over the toilet. My immediate coworkers will know who did it. Everyone else won't.

message 7: by Shana (new)

Shana (Shanac55) | 98 comments I wish someone would do something funny around this place! Maybe it should be me....but then again I think my efforts would be wasted.

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Do it, Shana! If someone gets mad at you, just tell 'em, "Heidi told me to do it!"

message 9: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I just printed another to go in the mens' room and I've recruited my male coworker to post that one:

DEEP THOUGHTS
by Jack Handy

“If you work on a lobster boat, sneaking up behind someone and pinching him is probably a joke that gets old real fast.”

message 10: by Shana (new)

Shana (Shanac55) | 98 comments haha! I like this one:

"Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk."

message 11: by Heidi (last edited Jan 21, 2009 08:56AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I considered that one. And then I thought... probably not such a good idea to post in the bathroom where addiction researchers work.

message 12: by Shana (new)

Shana (Shanac55) | 98 comments Good thinking.

message 13: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I posted it on the back of the door, RA.

message 14: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) You're such a rebel, Heidi.

Even funnier would have been you scrawling a note in one of the stalls saying, "For a good time, call ****"

message 15: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments I love Jack Handey!

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

message 16: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Heidi is the type of person who tried to make people pee in their pants on sleepovers by putting their fingers in warm water.

(Does that work, by the way?)

message 17: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

HAHAHAHA!

message 18: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments It does work, RA! I did it to my sister once!

message 19: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments This might be my favorite:

It's sad that a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wild dogs.

:D

message 20: by Heidi (last edited Jan 21, 2009 09:45AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Actually, RA... I was the one who stuck the bras in the freezer when they fell asleep. :)

message 21: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jan 21, 2009 10:02AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments So...you took their bras off while they were sleeping?

:)

message 22: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments No, typically they had them in their overnight bags by the time they fell asleep.

message 23: by Richard (new)

Richard | 347 comments Messages 20 through 22 tell the stories of two peoples' lives and charaters in three lines. Sheer poetry. That's why I keep coming back.

message 24: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments ::blushing::

message 25: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17315 comments Mod
Heidi, that was always my favorite trick too. I don't know why it was so funny at the time, but it was.

message 26: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Super! Thanks for making me feel like NOT the lone rogue here, Sally. :)

message 27: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) | 24194 comments Guess you had to be there.

message 28: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Really?

Like any of us understands why adolescents do the strange things they do... I know I don't. I still don't understand why I did exactly most of what I did back then: giving headbutts instead of kisses, drinking pickle juice, crying because the tetherball makes me feel nostalgic, insisting on doing my homework in the car during the last 3 hours of the drive on the way home from spring break because that was the only time I had to do it during my week and a half vacation, butt wars on the trampoline that would last for hours...

message 29: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Another impish Friday post.. :)

message 30: by Catalina (new)

Catalina | 268 comments Oh, you imp!

message 31: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jez476) | 664 comments That's a fun idea! I think I should so something like that for my office. The moral sucks at work right now.

message 32: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) Same here, Jaimie. Plus, very few of my coworkers have a sense of humor, anyway. My boss definitely doesn't, as I found to my chagrin when I put up a clever little poster (I made it myself by altering a "Stroke" poster) about zombies. Apparently my boss doesn't know that zombies aren't real and therefore are amusing. She said my poster reminded her of Columbine and the shootings at VaTech and it upset her very much. I felt like asking if she had proof that those attacks were in fact initiated by zombies, but I was all ready in enough trouble.

message 33: by Heidi (last edited Jan 11, 2010 07:33PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments They were taken down by the end of the day by someone... and I overheard hallway talk about it. SOMEONE would've gotten in big trouble over it if they ever figured out who did it. ;)

message 34: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jez476) | 664 comments Mary, don't you know that zombies are the cause of everything! LOL! That sounds funny! The moral in my place is down because we've had so many lay offs in the past three years, with the most recent round being three of my region's leaders. It's, of course, harder for those that were laid off but there's a sort of survivor's guilt that a lot of us have.

message 35: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Heidi, I think you are my hero this week. I've always wanted to be impish like that but usually wimp out at the last minute.

BTW, what are butt wars on the trampoline? I'm picturing a lot of farting & sudden bursts off of the tramp. :)

message 36: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Oh... check out the date on this. I did it over a year ago. Several groups in our division had all just moved in together and this was my meager attempt to unify through humor. It didn't go over so well. Had it just been my group, it would've been appreciated...

As for butt wars on the trampoline... well, having the bouancy that one has on the trampoline, it's possible - two or more people jump up and fall down on their butts and bounce back up to a standing position and they keep doing this until their legs give out - a last man standing sort of game. It involves a lot of coming up from a squatting position to stand. I almost always won, even against the boys (who were for some reason naturally good at this game). My record was over 1200. Then again, I had more opportunity to practice than my friends did. I didn't consider at the time/age that it was incredibly good exercise - both strenghtening and cardiovascular. I don't think any of us did.

message 37: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments i wish heidi worked here :)

message 38: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments OH! I forgot to mention the chant before you start the butt wars - "ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, LET'S! HAVE! A BUTT WAR!"

:)

message 39: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "i wish heidi worked here :)"

Bring it! Maybe between the both us, we can get everyone to lighten up a bit.

message 40: by Youndyc (new)

Youndyc | 1255 comments In our bathroom every stall has a Victim Services ad posted. About how you can call Victim Services for assistance with anything from sexual assault to elder abuse.

And I look at the "elder abuse" bullet point with curiosity pretty much every time. I work on a college campus - how many people around here really are dealing with ELDER ABUSE? And how adept are my university victim advocates going to be at dealing with elder abuse? Seriously?

But if Heidi worked here maybe we'd have something funny posted. And it would be appreciated. Because, damnit, we have a sense of humor around here!

message 41: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments I would put up a sign that says:

Flush your lunch and cut out the middle man

message 42: by Richard (new)

Richard | 347 comments I would put a sign that says:

Did you read the sign?

(Happiness to you all, by the way. Hope to be a little more active this year. Cheers. R.)

message 43: by Blanca (new)

Blanca (blancadaver) | 48 comments Heidi wrote: "I posted a sign in the women's restroom.

DEEP THOUGHTS
by Jack Handy

“If God dwells inside us like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that’s what He’s getting.”
..."

That is amazing, I will be doing that too for no reason.

message 44: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Richard wrote: "I would put a sign that says:

Did you read the sign?

(Happiness to you all, by the way. Hope to be a little more active this year. Cheers. R.)"

Hi Richard. :) Great to see you around... how goes it?

message 45: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Blanca wrote: "Heidi wrote: "I posted a sign in the women's restroom.

DEEP THOUGHTS
by Jack Handy

“If God dwells inside us like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that’s what He’s gett..."

Super! I'm glad to know that I'm inspiring mischief a bit of here and there. However, if anyone asks, I have no clue where you got the idea... I will deny, deny, deny. :)

message 46: by Richard (new)

Richard | 347 comments Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies. The Dutch version of my new book is in the final stages (set for release after the summer) and I'm working hard on the English, trying to get something pitchable ready for the London Book Fair. This has kept me busy since the summer and I've banned myself (kinda) from the threads, mainly because I was active in three different communities. I eventually decided to restrict myself to Facebook, because it brings together people from all three communities. I've hooked up with some of the Goodreads regulars there (mostly former Mini-Ammers) and I look forward to doing the same with those of you who'd like to stay in touch.

See you around!

message 47: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Richard wrote: "Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies. The Dutch version of my new book is in the final stages (set for release after the summer) and I'm working hard on the English, trying to get something pitchabl..."

You're on Facebook too, Richard? :)

message 48: by Youndyc (new)

Youndyc | 1255 comments I thought we had already determined that ALL the cool kids are on Facebook.

message 49: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Youndyc wrote: "I thought we had already determined that ALL the cool kids are on Facebook."

I am. :)

message 50: by Richard (new)

Richard | 347 comments I had to wait 44 years to become a cool kid. And still I have my doubts.

« previous 1 3