The Next Best Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by silvia (new)

silvia  | 282 comments I've read one of her alexander novels last year - the persian boy.

can anyone recommend some books by her. I know the alexander books are a trilogy, although I dont know the names of the other 2.

message 2: by El (new)

El bnoir, I've only actually read one of her non-fiction books about Alexander, The Nature of Alexander. It was okay, if you're interested in learning about Alexander; my biggest complaint is that she - being a terribly big fan of Alexander - is very biased in her writing. I don't know if it's the same in her fiction or not, but when it comes to non-fiction I felt she should have checked the bias at the door.

message 3: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) I know I read something of hers way back when, but don't remember... it was either the King must Die or the Bull from the Sea... if you use the "find books by title or author" tool (upper right hand corner, under your name and sign in) you can probably find it.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1736 comments The King Must Die A Novel is probably my favorite of her books. I went through a real Renault period in my early teens, and read:

The King Must Die
The Bull From the Sea
The Persian Boy
The Last of the Wine
The Mask of Apollo

all in one summer, I think!