Aspiring Authors: Writing Group discussion

Make Money Writing > New Moon Magazine

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Saoirse (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:44AM) (new)

Saoirse (Saoirse_Redgrave) | 26 comments Mod
New Moon Magazine is a magazine written and edited by girls for girls.

If you'd like to check it out I encourage you to do so--The editor girls check out submissions and seem pretty friendly and they are looking for stories of girls and women from a female perspective.

Here's a link--http://www.newmoon.com/magazine/

Good luck!
~Shannon

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather | 9 comments Just so everyone knows around here:

http://duotrope.com/ is SUCH a wonderful font of information for writers. You can find locations for all your writing to be published, or you can pick up a copy of the Writer's Market, to find some publishers who may be interested in your work.

If you are interested in making money with CREATIVE writing, you can also put in (on the website) what kind of payment you are looking for (from no payment up to professional payment). Be sure to realize what you are submitting to, however. And that you aren't going to ever get THAT much money from a literary magazine (semi-pro payment is 25 bucks for a poem from the magazine Barnwood, for example).

I also suggest entering some literary contests. Though most of the bigger ones have reading fees (just because literary magazines are generally run by poor writers like us all haha), I do suggest it because a lot of them will give you a free one year subscription to their magazine (I enter the Crazyhorse prize every year and I lost every year, but I love their magazine, so it's OK!).

-H.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

new moon ... for the twilight series new moon? I didn't like them ...

message 4: by Saoirse (new)

Saoirse (Saoirse_Redgrave) | 26 comments Mod
No, it's not a reference to Stephenie Meyer's works, it's more completely known as "New Moon the Magazine for Girls." ;-)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

oh, alright! :D